carcasse tray

Mungo

I've recently gone through 2 of the Homebase cement mixing trays (cracking down the middle when lifting carcasses out of the car).

Could people suggest a robust, cheap and easily available alternative?

Not cheap but Bushwear one has lasted well. Hard balance as the Ikea 'Slug' bedding box pretty good but life v costs works out about same as Bushwear.

Whoever was next to us at Kelso ( not that strange grump bloke, his very nice assistance forcing constant tea & cakes on people and the kid playing Nintendo side of us ;) ) did a green sledge type box - quite steep at £80+, but very hard quality and well designed - after a weekend eyeing them up I bought one to pack up with!

Thanks for that.

Surely there must be builders supply companies that do hard wearing cement/plaster trays for under £30?

Not cheap but Bushwear one has lasted well. Hard balance as the Ikea 'Slug' bedding box pretty good but life v costs works out about same as Bushwear.

Whoever was next to us at Kelso ( not that strange grump bloke, his very nice assistance forcing constant tea & cakes on people and the kid playing Nintendo side of us ;) ) did a green sledge type box - quite steep at £80+, but very hard quality and well designed - after a weekend eyeing them up I bought one to pack up with!
That is probably Richard at StalkersUK. They are top quality, I have the smaller one and it will last for years.

John.

There was a company selling sledge type carcase trays at the phoenix meeting this year for £35 if I remember right. I nearly purchased one but I didn’t have room in the car to carry it home (yes the car was full to the gunwales). The only thing wrong with them was that for some reason they were camouflage. Unfortunately I said that I would make a note of the company but have forgotten already. I shall just have to keep an eye out for them at the game fairs.

Thanks for that.

Surely there must be builders supply companies that do hard wearing cement/plaster trays for under £30?
Try Keyline down in Leith, the one I got from Joppa Mark came from there, and it is really sturdy...if it was going to break it would have done by now I am quite hashy with stuff.

I've recently gone through 2 of the Homebase cement mixing trays (cracking down the middle when lifting carcasses out of the car). Could people suggest a robust, cheap and easily available alternative?

you couldnt get access to an old fish box could you? Might find one down the harbour. Do you know what i mean? The ones fishing boats use too land there fish in the market. I use one. Come with built in handles. Plastic so is light weight and easily cleaned. The only think i needed to do with mine was fill the holes in each corner to stop leaks. Very hard wraring and will last you a long long time.

+1 with the recommendation for a fish box. I siliconed some discs cut out of an ice cream tub to plug the drainage holes in each corner. That was over 5 years ago and it's still going strong! Chuck an old grate style doormat in the bottom and you have plenty of drainage space with Roe. Either pop down to a harbour or go for a wander down the beach you find one sooner or later.

Regards

​BP

If you can get one the JET SLED is brilliant for everything from hauling out deer to getting out all your decoying equipment pulls well over most terrain,excellent for pulling firewood and saws to and from the woods and back is super tough 2 boot, I have the jet sled 1 and its plenty big, will accommodate red deer no problem.

http://www.shappell.com/sleds.html

If you can get one the JET SLED is brilliant for everything from hauling out deer to getting out all your decoying equipment pulls well over most terrain,excellent for pulling firewood and saws to and from the woods and back is super tough 2 boot, I have the jet sled 1 and its plenty big, will accommodate red deer no problem.

http://www.shappell.com/sleds.html

That's the one that was on sale at the phoenix.

Back