Carcass tags

palmer_mike

I'm aware that bds do tags for attaching to deer carcasses which you're selling to the dealer, are there any other alternatives for sale or are these the best ones?

​atb, mike

I use ones from the BDS and for the cost of a roll of 100 tags at a tenner didn't think it was bad. Plus they cover all that is needed with the printed info on them...

I have purchased the tags from the BDS but haven't managed to work out what type of pen actually works on them as they are covered in a waxy kind of plastic. My questions to the BDS what type of pen to use have sofar been unansered. Even an old-fashioned lead pencil or a Permanent Marker doesn't work on them. No doubt a smart design-thought by someone who didn't feel the need to actually test if they worked in the field ;)

I have purchased the tags from the BDS but haven't managed to work out what type of pen actually works on them as they are covered in a waxy kind of plastic. My questions to the BDS what type of pen to use have sofar been unansered. Even an old-fashioned lead pencil or a Permanent Marker doesn't work on them. No doubt a smart design-thought by someone who didn't feel the need to actually test if they worked in the field ;)
CD/DVD marker pen
works well for signatures on the back of credit cards too... or any plastic for that matter

Back