opinions on a meopta 7x50 for a stalking rifle

bobjs

Hi All.

I am back into a little more stalking :) and have just purchased a new to me 243 and want to keep to the budget,

so whats your opinion of the above scope for the rifle,

i have never used one but i have had the older 3/12x5? and found it ok but nothing more than just ok,

cheers

bob.

or if you have another scope in mind at a low budget with a 1" scope tube and a front end of no larger than 50mm,

I have one, and if I had not been sold a Swaro for stupid cheapness, it would still be on the rifle. Brilliant scopes.

cheers lads

that's what ill be looking at for the new to me cz 550 243 :)

regards

bob.

I have a 6x42 you can take a look through bob to give you an idea on the quality, currently sat on my foxing rig (hint hint) ;)

I have a 6x42 you can take a look through bob to give you an idea on the quality, currently sat on my foxing rig (hint hint) ;)

pete

I will drop you a line soon, I have a busy month this month with the castle/shoots/foxing etc, but I have picked up some local stalking so rather than fox we could do some deer :)

bob.

Hi Bob

As said in the post about the HMR scope I'm very happy with the one on my .243 fox/stalking rifle. I think it has the 4b reticule which includes a range finding guide for roe. I've never used it in anger but it does seem correct when practicing on life sized targets.

Jim

Hi Bob

As said in the post about the HMR scope I'm very happy with the one on my .243 fox/stalking rifle. I think it has the 4b reticule which includes a range finding guide for roe. I've never used it in anger but it does seem correct when practicing on life sized targets.

Jim

cheers jim

i just missed on on another forum

happily i am in no rush to find one as the rifle is not here yet.

bob.

I have mine here

Might be tempted to sell as I only use a .222 nowadays.

It`s optically perfect and works 100% but has a scar or two from use.

Faultless, bomb proof and 30yr warranty, Marchwood are excellent to deal with, probably the best value eurpoean glass, and virtually on par with all the other big names.

Get an illuminated one.

D

Hi Bob
Hope you're well. Used a Meopta on my 695 at first and it was very good indeed. Particularly impressive in poor/low light. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to you.
D

Hi Bob
Hope you're well. Used a Meopta on my 695 at first and it was very good indeed. Particularly impressive in poor/low light. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to you.
D

Hi David

All's not to bad with me, the wee one has full blown lupus and we are waiting tests on the oldest now as she has had some issues in the last few weeks ( I hope its not lupus) very rare to have white siblings with this awful infliction.

thank you for the remarks on the scope, I will have to wait and see when one comes up and grab it, the oldest left her laptop on the bus today and it has not been handed in (yet) so ill have to help replace that if I can,

kids..............who'd av um,

but I do love mine.

regards

bob.

Back