.20 prac loads

.243 t3

Hi guys,

anyone got got a good load for the .20 prac?

and don't mind giving the info out .

thanks

matt

My buddy is using H322 in his, which is the same powder I use in my 204. I think the starting load is 22.0 grains. Maxes out around 24 grains? ~Muir

I ended up with 24grns of N133, CCI400 primers, Lapua brass, seated to 1.923" on the ogive using a SHED comparator at 12thou off the lands in my Neil McKillop Sako A1 with a 22" PACNOR Super Match barrel. Gave me the best group with an average of 3671fps with Sierra Blitz King 39grn'ers.

atb

Fizz
:cool:

Fiz was that the full length of case +tip = 1.923"?

Nope...... full length of case to tip of the bullet is 2.3060" :)

A comparator is worth it's weight in gold though......and consistency is key. ShootingShed comparators are the best around.

Hornady/StonyPoint holes come up slightly different to David of the ShootingShed holes. The Hornady/StoneyPoint are two part at the bullet end with different inserts per bullet size which could give inconsistency if you switch the inserts but David's are built to sandwich the cartridge although I've ended up just using the pointy end half.... you could ask him just for that bit as it's a precision job to fit the two halves together (which they do perfectly).

SAM_1474_zpsv2e6ssdv.jpg

SAM_1472_zpstltvnu5t.jpg

Nice to see my rounds are consistent...... that one was just pulled out of the pouch at random :cool:

In my Sako A1 these are 'just' too long to eject a loaded cartridge via the port when emptying the gun/magazine... I just drop them out through the floor plate. They fit the magazine though which is the important bit after fitting the chamber.

Cheers

Fizz

Going to have to get one of them , I got the redding competition dies and seems to seat the head same every time

Going to have to get one of them , I got the redding competition dies and seems to seat the head same every time

If you've got more than one calibre that use the same parent diameter case..... e.g. .222/.223, .243/.308 etc etc and you want the full two-part comparator from David then he could do you one base/many pointy ends to cover your calibre's.

Cheers

Fizz

Right guys been out tonight with this .20 prac and not sure if I like it more than the .243 ! So much more confident at longer Ranges with the .243

I've had the .243 about 6 years and .20 about 3 months 😬that's probably what it is need more confidence with it.
Just seemed very slow getting there, was about 230 ish yards .

I know exactly where your coming from
I shot 243 then had it ackled shot hundreds of foxes with it
the 20 tac is a great bit of kit but different from the 243 obviously
you will grow with confidence with it as greener Jim says
regards pete

Hope so guys . Missed three foxes now in the last 4 nights . If was using the .243 they would of been in the bag.
Just need to have more faith in it I suppose.

Back