Quick reference ballistics card

devon deer stalker

OK, i can't take credit for this, but i think it's a great idea.
I tried my own loads for my 30-06 and 180 grain bullets up to 250 yards and found that my results were almost identical to the data i found on this site Ballistic Calculator GunData.org
I was going to write it all down on a laminated card and tape it to my stock, like i have seen a lot of guys do in the states, but then i saw this idea.
I zero my 30-06 to be on target at 200 yards, it also show's wind drift at 10 and 20 mph

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for this. I may get one engraved but with only the number of clicks out to 500 yards.

Not that I know yet if I have enough left after 300!

K

when you shoot deer out to 350 in 20mph winds do you dial or hold?

i just set a chart on my lock screen out to 600m, 25m increments but i do wind to 5mph, its easy to multiply up if there's more wind. Press of a button and it springs to life.

Prefer the data on the occular
I would never be able to read the print!:D

i just set a chart on my lock screen out to 600m, 25m increments but i do wind to 5mph, its easy to multiply up if there's more wind. Press of a button and it springs to life.
Perhaps i should have stated, it's on a fixed 8x56 S&B

Cheers

Richard

Really!!!!! Doesn't sound very ethical to me shooting deer out at 350 m in a 20mph wind

Looks neat.

Also look into the waterproof pocket notebooks ( and pens ) used by loggers and surveyors. You can get them at engineering supply stores.
Some companies, like Rite in the Rain, are expensive, but make notebooks for ballistics, even some for the US Army, with range card layouts for setting up a hide overlooking ground.

old school,,,i have that on my .223 for longrange vermin control, although its hand written on a sticky label on my butler creek ocular ,,,but gives me 25y increments out to 600 y,,,

Back