Meopta R1R 3-12x56 Illuminated Ret

Mutley

Having sorted my motor and sold some bits I am in the position to buy another scope, it will be mainly for Foxing but will also be used for the 50 Acres of Woodland Stalking I have just aquired.
I have been looking at my options and I keep ending up looking at the Meopta R1R (second focal plane) 3-12x56 with the illuminated reticle, this can be had for £768 or less if in stock, compared to the Docter illuminated equivalent or the new Duralyt this seem very good value, interested in peoples opinions.

Having sorted my motor and sold some bits I am in the position to buy another scope, it will be mainly for Foxing but will also be used for the 50 Acres of Woodland Stalking I have just aquired.
I have been looking at my options and I keep ending up looking at the Meopta R1R (second focal plane) 3-12x56 with the illuminated reticle, this can be had for £768 or less if in stock, compared to the Docter illuminated equivalent or the new Duralyt this seem very good value, interested in peoples opinions.
Got one on top of my 22/250. Brilliant piece of kit. Paid £700 for mine last year from Simpsons Guns 01509503228

Got one on top of my 243, I am very pleased with it, had an 8x56 Schmidt & Bender before that, I cannot tell the difference in quality

I've removed my Snb 2.5-10x56 and replaced in with the meopta 3-12x56 ill ret, first focal plane r1r and I actually think the meopta better than the snb

I've removed my Snb 2.5-10x56 and replaced in with the meopta 3-12x56 ill ret, first focal plane r1r and I actually think the meopta better than the snb

:rofl:Glad I couldn't afford your cheap and nasty scope then...... :D
I have a meopta 3-12 on my 243 and think it is fantastic. But I can't compare it against anything cept cheap scopes.
Showed a Roe doe up really well last Sunday in the dusk. Unfortunately at was a Roe doe. Drat Blast and darn it.

I had one of these, great scope shot loads using it but couldn't get on with the fixed focus. Sold it on after looking through it side by side with the schmidt I had at the time, one was bright as a button the other was dim...I kept the schmidt.

meopta

I have one of these scopes for the past 18 months and can see as much as my swarovski bino's when the light goes.Bought them from america for £400 via ebay,they are as good as any scopes out there.

Thanks for the replies chap, got the R1R Illuminated, very pleased with it build wise and optically, illumination is just spot on. Whether the 4K ret is going to be good for me or not remains to be seen, will use out in the field to judge that one.
Cheers
Mark

Back