Screws for a Tikka 595 Receiver

Eric the Red

Please can anyone confirm to me the thread size for the screws that fit the receiver on a Tikka 595 - I understand them to be M3.5 x 3 (if you believe part no: S574T210) - and more importantly where to source some? I can't find them anywhere and apparently GMK don't stock them. I 'need' a picatinny rail on my rifle.......

If you happen to have some you don't need, please drop me a PM.

Many thanks

E t R

They may be M3.5 x .6, but not x 3
As for length, well you should be able to buy them from 5mm long and upwards, probably in 5mm steps.
Essex fasteners should have them if your down this way, or may be e-bay.
To check if they really are M3.5x.6 which is standard metric pitch for that size, remove one of the screws that holds
a standard household wall mounted light switch in it's wall box and try it in the rifle.

Neil. :)

They may be M3.5 x .6, but not x 3
As for length, well you should be able to buy them from 5mm long and upwards, probably in 5mm steps.
Essex fasteners should have them if your down this way, or may be e-bay.
To check if they really are M3.5x.6 which is standard metric pitch for that size, remove one of the screws that holds
a standard household wall mounted light switch in it's wall box and try it in the rifle.

Now you know I know you know far more about this than I do (!) - I was just quoting what I had seen - http://www.tikka.fi/pdf/manuals/tikka_master_lh.pdf (p31)

Do you reckon wall switch screws are reliable enough to hold a picatinny rail?

hi Re: Screws for Sako/Tikka Mounts try a hobby model making shop this may help you out i thought thay were receiver screw size on a Tikka 595 were
M3.5 X 0.6 pitch
have a look on net but i would take reciver in to hobby shop less bolt etc with your cert just in case

midway sell tikka rails and i know the trg one piece mount fits the t3 as i had one on mine i had mine sent direct from sako you may wish to contact them direct for a tikka rail and screw
.:tiphat:
m3.5x3 to be the hole plug screw size i seem to remember

Please can anyone confirm to me the thread size for the screws that fit the receiver on a Tikka 595 - I understand them to be M3.5 x 3 (if you believe part no: S574T210) - and more importantly where to source some? I can't find them anywhere and apparently GMK don't stock them. I 'need' a picatinny rail on my rifle.......

If you happen to have some you don't need, please drop me a PM.

Many thanks

E t R

M3.5 does ring a bell for the Tikka.

I think M3.5 is the thread size for all domestic electrical light switches, sockets etc. So if you have a spare one of those, try it to gauge the hole.

Now you know I know you know far more about this than I do (!) - I was just quoting what I had seen - http://www.tikka.fi/pdf/manuals/tikka_master_lh.pdf (p31)

Do you reckon wall switch screws are reliable enough to hold a picatinny rail?

I wouldn't trust one to hold the rail, or even 4 of them, but it will prove the thread is correct, or not.
The x3 bit is the length of the blanking screw, not the thread pitch.
So you need 4 screws M3.5x.6 pitch and the length will be 3mm plus the thickness of the rail.

I wouldn't trust one to hold the rail, or even 4 of them, but it will prove the thread is correct, or not.
The x3 bit is the length of the blanking screw, not the thread pitch.
So you need 4 screws M3.5x.6 pitch and the length will be 3mm plus the thickness of the rail.

I'm glad you said that because I really couldn't see it....!!

Still on the hunt for some M3.5, 0.6 x 8mm then......

Back