swarovski z6i

Bigboab29

Hi guys,

just went the whole hog and got a z6i 3-18x50 bt. Went to mount it yesterday and had a nosey at the ir before i mounted it. on the daylight mode the dot was fine butwhen i put it onto the nightime dot the dot seemed to be more of a bright smudge and the red light seemd to bleed out a few mm in each direction along the crosshairs. Not a very good advert on a brand new 2k scope. Anyway its away back to the shope so hoepfully i will get an instant replcaement and wont have to wait on it goingto austria!!

Has anyone else had problems with z6i? its also a gen2 so i wouldve though any kinks wouldve been ironed out by now.

Hi guys,

just went the whole hog and got a z6i 3-18x50 bt. Went to mount it yesterday and had a nosey at the ir before i mounted it. on the daylight mode the dot was fine butwhen i put it onto the nightime dot the dot seemed to be more of a bright smudge and the red light seemd to bleed out a few mm in each direction along the crosshairs. Not a very good advert on a brand new 2k scope. Anyway its away back to the shope so hoepfully i will get an instant replcaement and wont have to wait on it goingto austria!!

Has anyone else had problems with z6i? its also a gen2 so i wouldve though any kinks wouldve been ironed out by now.

The symptoms you describe are indicative of the IR being turned up full power - there is some bleed on the high power from the fibre optic. This can be addressed by turning the power on the illumination down (you don't want it as bright for nighttime anyway) - I always thought mine was configured the wrong way round - so adjusted it to suit my preferences.

HTH

Hi Eric,

Yeah you are right it seems to bleed/smudge when the brightness intensity is turned up fully and as you say it probably will not be used on the full brightness very often if at all but its just the fact ive paid a small fortune for it so i want it to function on all settings:)

Z6i

I've got two and the illumination is certainly too bright at full power but that is the reason for being able to adjust it surely? I can only see it being a problem if you are unable to adjust. Obviously once set it returns to your chosen setting after being switched on and off.

Seems a bit harsh to criticise a product for having a wide range of adjustment from very dim to very bright.

Yeah it has to be on full power to see the bleeding out down the cross hairs but the dot is more of a smudge than a dot on every setting. My point being i have just paid 2k+ for a top of the range scope and i would like it to function properly on all setting. I mite never use it on full power but i dont think im being harsh just wanting the scope to work as its supoose to on all the settings. Even with the brightness turned down it more of a lopsided oblong than a dot. And i love swarovskis all my other scopes and bins are swaro so i wouldnt say anything about them unless i was pretty annoyed

My Z6i also has the same workings. The chances of shooting at that brightness at night are virtually nil but do understand where you are coming from.
I feel that the z6i has an excellent range of light spread for the IR and comes in handy when shooting at various ambient light levels....can be personalised in a heartbeat.

good luck with the scope when it comes back..... You will love it.

Back