Heavy Tick Infestation.

Dan Gliballs

Doing a bit of shooting in the forestry at the minute, the ticks have been bad and are getting worse, shot this young stag this morning, I was surprised when there was any blood came out when I bled him!!
18052010(002).jpg
18052010(006).jpg
18052010(007).jpg

18052010(001).jpg
18052010(003).jpg

I was talking to the other stalker here that its time someone invented a Spot On for humans.

Took 7 out me yesterday and 2 this morning.

Anybody else get that creepy skin feeling just looking at the pictures?

Yeah me!! I was at that end in the larder!! There was hardly any room for more ticks so they start sooking on each other,regular you see 2 ticks on a adult tick.I heard from a source that there was tests done on them,they were put in a freezer at whatever teperature for a period of time and they came back to life no bother.Bang goes the therory of hard winters!!

Last edited:
Ewwwww, I hate ticks. As to spot on for humans there is a product you could try to get hold of.

When i was in texas they always used "OFF", so do as the locals and we never had a bite. I mean out there theres not just lymes disease but west nile and other horrible maladys. Not sure if its available in the UK.
http://www.off.com/sportsmen.aspx

Doing a bit of shooting in the forestry at the minute, the ticks have been bad and are getting worse, shot this young stag this morning, I was surprised when there was any blood came out when I bled him!!
View attachment 1106
View attachment 1105
View attachment 1103

View attachment 1102
View attachment 1104

Was the body weight in relation to its age Dan?
and was their any other signs of ill health other than it being infested so badly ? was it just a one one infestation or are you seeing them all like that?

Was the body weight in relation to its age Dan?
and was their any other signs of ill health other than it being infested so badly ? was it just a one one infestation or are you seeing them all like that?
Tbh they are mostly all heavily infested, this particular stag took it to the next level.

As it was a young stag in commercial forestry the body weight wasnt high but avarage for a stag of that age.

He did still have his horns on when I shot him, they were off him by the time he hit the ground though!

Interesting you can expect an older animal getting a lot on it but the younger ones being a lot healthier tend only to have a few on them but those pictures are something else:rolleyes:

He did still have his horns on when I shot him, they were off him by the time he hit the ground though!
Meeehhh!!

I done some serious reserch this morning after a few outings in these woods this week,Ive got 24 tick bites that I can see without being a Russian contorsionist.!!Seriously,the ticks here are unbelivable!,You honestly cant walk 50 yards throught grass or rushes without seeing 20- 30 ticks on your legs,most of them being the pupae tick.

Things aren't much better down in the south.

A friend in Wiltshire reports crazy numbers.

'Orrible little blighters.

We have very few problems here with ticks normally, I live in cattle country. Very few sheep and no deer, doubt there are any within a 10 mile radius. However, I have been nibbled on a few times recently and my dogs have both had ticks on their heads and ears over the past week, I can't remember the last time my dog had a tick.

Horrible little bastids make my skin crawl....

As somebody said i though the cold winter would have killed thing off but seems the opposite.Very heavy infestations of everything this year.Shot some rabbits the other night and could not beleive the amount of fleas were absolutely crawling.Dont seem to have many ticks this way but heavy with keds

Back