Thanks to JRoe

User00004

Would just like to say thanks to JRoe, I was Stalking on his ground today. The weather was difficult, not an ounce of wind, the snow had thought about melting then froze again, then the rain started, needless to say, every step was like walking on a packet of Walkers crisps, nothing but crunching. The deer were onto me, long before I was onto them.

Thankfully though, more luck than skill I came upon a Trio of Roe, my dog, bless him, pointed them out, they were oblivious to me or him. So I got into position, followed a yearling, who then dissapeared behing a gorse bush, thankfully it apperared out the other side, so I gave it the good news, down it went.....Very happy, reloaded and waited, no sign of movement so let the dog off to find it, which he did.

The only down side was that the Doe I shot, was actually the mature one, as the yearling went behind the bush, it must have stopped, as it stopped, the mature doe exited the other side of the bush.....

She was a good size, plenty of fat. I'm sure the young will do well, going on her condition.

Thanks JRoe, a good hard days stalking.

Catch up soon.

TJ

i had the same problem with there being no wind when i visited JRoe but throu to his persistance and desire to get me onto a shot we got a doe.

Really nice guy who i would recomend to anyone and will be visiting again in the new year.

well done on your succses tartanjock

Last edited:
We can give that 270 a run out Stu, when suitable of course, I think the vehicle/high seat on the clear fell will be just the job. Didn't bolt do well, have you told him he is not continental :D

John

....Didn't Bolt do well, have you told him he is not continental :D

For a family pet who's breeding consisted of a Colly Bitch and a Lab Dog, cost £100's less than those posh dogs and has had no training...He does the job for me.

TJ.

TJ
I still have your dogs fluffy PINK lead in my truck............
When are you going to pick it up?
Its hidden behind the seat so none of my mates will see it.............

What no wind near Fort George!!!! Wow, i must move north again :)

Well done, hope all well TJ

TJ

Now Alan we all know your preference for fluffy pink leads
Your wife uses them on you doesnt she?:norty:

TJ

Alan, Are you finished with it? :love: Why pretend that I left it when you wanted to borrow it? Time is against me already for my Chrimbo break! I'll need to wait till the spring to collect it, providing you have stopped using it by then. ;)

Thanks TJ
Thats made my Xmas....
To you and all your family we wish you a very merry christmas
Alan

Back