Advice please.... Swarovski riflescope service

scotsgun

Folks,

I have a Swaro Habicht 2.2-9x42 scope which i'm considering sending back for a service.

How do i go about it - is it better to contact directly or through a dealer?

Is it cost inhibitive - would i be better just using a general scope service company?

Thanks

Scotsgun, I bought a Swarovski Habicht 8 x 56 second hand. I could not get it to hold a zero. Then I dropped the damn thing on a concrete floor. I sent it back to the address that Deako has given above with a letter outlining exactly what happened, even to me dropping it. Ten days later, the scope arrived direct from Austria by UPS. Invoice read Free of Charge. All the repair cost me was £5 to send it to Christine. Swarovski even reblacked the ding where I had dropped it. There is one company who stand by their product. I bought several more Swarovskis after that experience. None have needed to go back though.

Oh damn I never knew Swaro was there. I used to live just down the road in Horley and worked in Redhill so I went past it every day :rolleyes:.

Folks,

I have a Swaro Habicht 2.2-9x42 scope which i'm considering sending back for a service.

How do i go about it - is it better to contact directly or through a dealer?

Is it cost inhibitive - would i be better just using a general scope service company?

Thanks

If you just want it servicing it will cost you, if there is nothing wrong with it servicing wont improve anything, if lenses are marked thats your cost not a fault. The excellent service that swaro give is mainly for faults.

I use Swarovski on my rifles and optics and a mate of mine had an old scope that was looking well used and he sent it back to Swarovski telling them it was misting up and it came back as good as new FOC!! Re-blued and new glass.

If you just want it servicing it will cost you, if there is nothing wrong with it servicing wont improve anything, if lenses are marked thats your cost not a fault. The excellent service that swaro give is mainly for faults.
Very true, the "service" on my binos cost me £120, well...cost the Estate £120 :D

Came back like brand new, lenses polished, new eye pieces and rubber casing.

Thankyou all for the advice.

I think i'll get in touch.............it seems an excellent scope - just a bit tatty

Back