Gralloching

Tayfix

I want to Gralloch your deer?
If there are any stalkers that are not that far from me Rickmansworth Hertfordshire.
I would love the chance to get hands on as I need to learn more,I will also travel if there is enough notice, Will also be up for paying for a stalk. I have passed my DS1 and shot deer but not enough to feel totally confident in gralloching, If there is any one that can help im keen to learn more.
Please pm me if your kind at heart and want to help.

If there are any stalkers that are not that far from me Rickmansworth Hertfordshire.
I would love the chance to get hands on as I need to learn more,I will also travel if there is enough notice, Will also be up for paying for a stalk. I have passed my DS1 and shot deer but not enough to feel totally confident in gralloching, If there is any one that can help im keen to learn more.

Your a bit far away for me to help but this link may be of assistance.

May help some with the gralloch

Kind Regards
Stu

I have this picture in my mind of you knocking your pan in and the 'friend' who called you leaning against a tree with a can in his hand and a twisted smile on his face...

My god ... you're keen !.
I wish all my level 2 candidates were as committed as you !!
Good luck.
S.

Aye - I could tell you all about our method whilst you finish laying the foundation for my greenhouse - if you feel THAT energetic ! Sorry Tayfix, couldn't resist. I'm looking into it for you - somewhere nearer to your base.

mate, I feel your pain when I passed my DSC level 1 it was all " right off you go and stalk" I think that the gralloch should be a major part of doing your DSC level 1. I did exactly what you are trying to do now just kept going out with a mate of mine but leaving the rifle at home and offering to do his grallochs for him, the more practice the better in my opinion and obviously my friend loved the fact he had his own personal ghillie !! Good luck I hope you find someone.

Just a thought, but try contacting any local deer park estates and offer some free labour during their culls. Good luck anyway !

If you fancy a trip to Norfolk I can take you out on Roe doe and CWD, no promises but anything we see that is a cull you can shoot and do the "business".

All you will pay for is B & B (between £40 & £55pn I think) or you can stay with us and that will cost you £50 per night for bed & 3 squares and all the red you can drink, well nearly all:lol:

Max

If you fancy a trip to Norfolk I can take you out on Roe doe and CWD, no promises but anything we see that is a cull you can shoot and do the "business".

All you will pay for is B & B (between £40 & £55pn I think) or you can stay with us and that will cost you £50 per night for bed & 3 squares and all the red you can drink, well nearly all:lol:

Max
Can`t ask for fairer than that. A great offer.
basil.

Thank you guys for your help and im still keen to learn more, Im a fencer by trade, Commercial, Agritultural and residential. I have been doing it for 28 years so if you need any fencing i can offer my skills and tools in return.

Max I would love to take you up on your extreamly kind offer and hopfully I will be able to help you in one way or another, I will PM you for you phone number and address.

Hello Ken, Good to hear from you again I will give you a call for a catch up.

Hello Tayfix

There is a hands-on, one day course at Sparsholt College in February on Gralloching, Skinning and Butchering which may be of interest. £140.

Sparsholt College Hampshire - Deer Carcass Handling

With kind regards

NewForester.

Tayfix,
If you ever fancy a trip to Perthshire I can provide the deer and grallochs if you have the spade and nails ...no bother!. Straight swap.
Honestly.
Regards
S.

I would love a trip to Sunny Scotland, When can I come?
Are you meaning galvanised nails and digging equipment? If so I have loads of both but only ten nails on per didgit but will gladly sacfrice some to vist Perthshire.
If you send me a pm with your contact numbers I will give you a call.
And Thank you again to every one with there kind help.
Regards
Tayfix.

I would like every one on here to know what a fantastic weekend I had with Max.
Loads learned but I feel he needs to teach me more.....
Thanks again.
Tayfix

Back