The REAL N.R.A.

finnbear270

Question for our cousins over the water, How are things run locally, in relation to the national stance of the NRA, how are policies formed & threats to the sport fielded? I can find no similarities to the body that carries the title over here.

About time someone pulled their collective heads out of the sands while we can still own spud guns... or were they banned also ;)

Google nra and the top suggested search string is 'nra bisley'. :rolleyes:

Enough said. Unless you live in the Home Counties and wear a floppy hat this outfit is unlikely to have anything to offer.

It has to be BASC for the sporting type, whatever the gripes.

Google nra and the top suggested search string is 'nra bisley'. :rolleyes:

Enough said. Unless you live in the Home Counties and wear a floppy hat this outfit is unlikely to have anything to offer.

It has to be BASC for the sporting type, whatever the gripes.

Sad to say but our Welsh "friend" is right the NRA at Bisley have been a lost cause for the last 5 decades or so. Oh they don't give a toss for those living on their doorstep either unless your one of their "exclusive Club" went to the right school and of course worship the single shot target rifle. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Careful Iwrch, We in the City of Chester, still have the byelaw concerning those that may have crossed the "Handbridge", still remaining within the walls after 9pm!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Careful Iwrch, We in the City of Chester, still have the byelaw concerning those that may have crossed the "Handbridge", still remaining within the walls after 9pm!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know certain folk down Pyecroft street who still practice such a law :D

Sam
(Jesting)

From what I remember you would be fined a guinea if you were to murder me within the city walls on the weekend but only ten shillings if you were to commit that foul deed on a working day. Then again, according to George Borrow, its hardly the place to go for a night out anyway -

On arriving at Chester, at which place we intended to spend two or three days, we put up at an old-fashioned inn in Northgate Street, to which we had been recommended; my wife and daughter ordered tea and its accompaniments, and I ordered ale, and that which always should accompany it, cheese. "The ale I shall find bad," said I; Chester ale had a villainous character in the time of old Sion Tudor, who made a first-rate englyn upon it, and it has scarcely improved since; "but I shall have a treat in the cheese, Cheshire cheese has always been reckoned excellent, and now that I am in the capital of the cheese country, of course I shall have some of the very prime." Well, the tea, loaf and butter made their appearance, and with them my cheese and ale. To my horror the cheese had much the appearance of soap of the commonest kind, which indeed I found it much resembled in taste, on putting a small portion into my mouth. "Ah," said I, after I had opened the window and ejected the half-masticated morsel into the street, "those who wish to regale on good Cheshire cheese must not come to Chester, no more than those who wish to drink first-rate coffee must go to Mocha. I'll now see whether the ale is drinkable;" so I took a little of the ale into my mouth, and instantly going to the window, spirted it out after the cheese. "Of a surety," said I, "Chester ale must be of much the same quality as it was in the time of Sion Tudor, who spoke of it to the following effect:-
"Chester ale, Chester ale! I could ne'er get it down,
'Tis made of ground-ivy, of dirt, and of bran,
'Tis as thick as a river below a huge town!
'Tis not lap for a dog, far less drink for a man.'

See here.

Think I'll stick to Wrexham Lager...:D

I thought it was obvious. A welsh nationalist and a British subject???????????????????? bit like oil and water don't you think.

Brit, that is such a sad comment. Presumably you even find the Union Flag too multicultultural to suit your own Anglo-centric view of the British state. Can I ask you what have you ever done to defend the integrity of the English nation? Apart, that is, from fume and fury at the more active elements of the members of the other constituent nations who do get off their backsides and get their hands dirty in defence of their heritage.

This Sunday, I and several other contempories who are now working away from home made a special journey back to our home village to celebrate the miracle of Easter. I'm sure that many other communities saw a similar reaffirmation of faith and belonging to indigenous heritage and community. What did you do to support the future of your own community?

Back