Kelso weather

Bigboab29

Hi guys, anyone local to Kelso? What the weather like down there just now? According to the bbc weather it's to be blizzards all weekend?

Spoke to organisers, apparently its perfectly clear in Kelso.

In Castle Douglas however.... this is my path to house.

snow.jpg

And the A75 is now closed East bound!

Ok I am north of Kelso but nothing here. West coast is getting hit but it has yet to cross the country. Type in Rain Now into search engine. Will it rain today will give you the lowdown on th sat pictures. Jim

That's good news then:)

i will definatley be going come rain shine or SNOW!!!lol was just think more for travelling time. Was planning on 2 hours but maybe three if the weather ain't to good.

keep up to date with the state of the roads here:

traffic scotland > home

looks ok that neck of the woods so far.

looking at metcheck its folk travelling from the south that are going to have the issues. The weather conditions look appalling over the next 2 days. Its a shame but i think people coming up from england may now be thinking twice. Personaly i cannot go anyway as i am looking after my wife with a sprained ankle and that involves having to do the horses. Good luck to all who go and have a great time.
John.

I was intending on coming to the show but the weather in Wales is bad here too,( nothing compared to Scotland though). I could probably still get to the show but if this weather continues, it ain't worth dying trying.

Last edited:
The frustrating thing is the weather around Kelso is perfectly fine.

Our UPS collection driver from Carlisle has just told us that they have had to turn around at Dumfries and now heading back to depot full of parcels.

Normally I will be the first to slither my way into work in all sorts of weather, but this, I cant even get van off drive now.

Thank goodness we had a friendly tractor driver who could tow me home with no damage to van or to me!

Last edited:
The frustrating thing is the weather around Kelso is perfectly fine.

Our UPS collection driver from Carlisle has just told us that they have had to turn around at Dumfries and now heading back to depot full of parcels.

Normally I will be the first to slither my way into work in all sorts of weather, but this, I cant even get van off drive now.

Thank goodness we had a friendly tractor driver who could tow me home with no damage to van or to me!

Correct. Just spoken to Richard Stalkers Uk and no snow.
John.

How annoying and frustrating, sadly at present the A75 is closed and just spoke to owner of the deli up road from our office, who was stuck for 2hrs on road into village, and is now being towed home.

As soon as we get a break in the weather we are going to attempt it!

Spoke to Brian, show organiser and the show is 100% unaffected by snow, and is going ahead as planned 100% this weekend, all access roads in and around kelso perfectly clear and no signs of snow at all.

Hopefully SW Scotland will get some rain later and clear it.

I think the problem will come overnight in England with more snow forecast tonight and tomorrow .

Been snowing all morning in Innerleithen bit of drifting also, roads pretty much fine with sensible driving though, to be much and such the same tomorrow with better day on Sunday.

​George.

I'm currently near Carlisle on my way up from Somerset. Was all clear until around Bromsgrove and there has been a small amount of snow on the ground from there upwards. M5 and M6 all open but there have been 3 different artics who have gone off mainly due to high winds which are also drifting a dusting of snow into lanes 2 and 3 near Penrith. Looks worse than it is.

It's snowing lightly here near Carlise but not really settling.

About to start the final leg... 72 miles to go!

Alex

Back