Dsc2

Thinking of doing DSC2 with Jelen Deer Services - any thoughts? Does anyone know of anywhere similar who does DSC2 this way? Thanks for your time. James

Once you apply for your Level 2 you will be sent a list of all the AW's in the UK. It is up to you which one you contact and choose, and I am sure there will be someone local to you.

You may be lucky and have a friend who is an AW and therefore incur no charge at all, either way there is a large choice of AW's to choose from.

Thinking of doing DSC2 with Jelen Deer Services - any thoughts? Does anyone know of anywhere similar who does DSC2 this way? Thanks for your time. James

Without wishing to cause a huge debate on the ethics of culling park deer, does your question relate mainly to the fact that they offer a guaranteed result for a fixed price, or the fact that the guarantee of getting animals may require you to cull park deer? Or is it a bit of both?
If you have your own ground, you may find it cheaper to find an AW locally. There are a good few of us that don't charge for our services!;)
MS

Last edited:
Once you apply for your Level 2 you will be sent a list of all the AW's in the UK.

Sikamalc,
Is the list the same no matter who you have registered with?
i.e. it makes no difference whether you register with BASC or BDS

I think this is the case but just wanted to double check thanks

Sikamalc,

There is just one list of AW's that is issued by DMQ via the different assessment centres. AW's themselves are linked to individual centres, but the list is not. Hope this helps.
MS

Sikamalc,

Yes it covers the whole UK and is the same whether its BASC or BDS.

Thanks for all your replies. Have had a pm from weeman. Struggling to reply to it. Not ignoring you - will keep trying. The reason I was looking into Jelen is that I have pretty much reached the limit on the deer I can take off my land and am keen to do dsc2. They sound as though you're pretty much guaranteed 3 deer in a couple of days. Will also help with the portfolio etc. Would be glad to hear if anyone has an opinion on this. cheers!

Thanks for all your replies. Have had a pm from weeman. Struggling to reply to it. Not ignoring you - will keep trying. The reason I was looking into Jelen is that I have pretty much reached the limit on the deer I can take off my land and am keen to do dsc2. They sound as though you're pretty much guaranteed 3 deer in a couple of days. Will also help with the portfolio etc. Would be glad to hear if anyone has an opinion on this. cheers!

Hi James,

Yes, we guarantee you your three deer in two days, but its important to know that we DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANYONE WILL ACHIEVE DSC2. Also what we are offering is NOT RECOMMENDED for those who are inexperienced.

Give me a call on 01264 811155, or email me on office@jelendeer.com if you need full details.

Best regards,

​Mike.

Hi James,

Yes, we guarantee you your three deer in two days, but its important to know that we DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANYONE WILL ACHIEVE DSC2. Also what we are offering is NOT RECOMMENDED for those who are inexperienced.

Give me a call on 01264 811155, or email me on office@jelendeer.com if you need full details.

Best regards,

​Mike.

Mike, how do you guarantee three deer in two day are you shooting in a park?

Regards

Tony

Back