Hunter's Moon

Orion

Full moon tomorrow - Saturday 23/10/10 - will be the Hunter's Moon.

A good omen maybe for anyone out for boar or foxes?

Good luck if you are - I won't be 'cos I'm laid up recuperating after a visit to the sawbones. :(

I'm laid up recuperating after a visit to the sawbones. :( Orion, did they leave the trigger finger & one good eye?:D............ get better soon bud, squeeze one off for you tommorrow night!:cool:

Sellatyn will be getting a good coat of looking at!:D

Laphroaig will be getting a good fondling here!

Nothing major - repair of one of those 'Gentleman's Problems' associated with lifting heavy things - no not that thing!

I can't laugh, cough or sneeze at the moment - but can drink! :D

Last edited:
I shall be after the boar here in 92363 Breitenbrunn, Germany (Google it).
A Weidmannsheil to all the other compulsive night owls out there.
Martin

Update I was out until 1.30 am but only saw three hares, a perfect clear night, car was all iced up when I got back to it.
Beats the telly.
Martin

Last edited:
Hope your on the mend Orion.

If you have enough to drink youll be able to laugh..

Im out with Paul and hoping to bust me cherry on the boar..

Well looking forward to it

And then got Malc and Sandra turning up Sunday

Cracking weekend

Terry

Full moon tomorrow - Saturday 23/10/10 - will be the Hunter's Moon.

A good omen maybe for anyone out for boar or foxes?

Good luck if you are - I won't be 'cos I'm laid up recuperating after a visit to the sawbones. :(
Well, according to "she that must be obeyed" October's full moon is a BLOOD moon. If I were to disagree I know who's blood it would be!!!:scared:
Cheers, Pete.;)

OMG, I've just done a google search and you're right for this year, it is a hunters moon!!! How am I ever going to tell her:scared: Mind you, her info came from the list of Pagan Moons so perhaps I'll just keep schtumm!!
Pete.

Yes, it's all about where the full moons fall in relation to the equinoxes. This year the Harvest Moon fell slap bang on the Autumnal Equinox on 23rd September, so the next full moon, the Hunter's Moon, is tomorrow. I tend to keep an eye on the phases and timing of the moon because I find it does affect the chances of seeing animals out and about.

Both are so named because they respectively allow the farmers to get the harvest in until very late, (not so much of a problem nowadays I think with a gillion candlepower on the front of a New Holland!), and the hunter to see/track animals under the moon. I personally think the two would be related as once the crops were cut it would allow quarry to be seen more easily, plus most wild food bearing animals would be in the peak of condition and the folk would have the time after the harvest was brought in to take them as a valuable larder filler before winter starts to bite.

I don't think you have to be a full blooded pagan to appreciate the marvels of nature, and if it has an interesting story behind it so much the better.

Better go my friend Laphroaig is calling me!

Last edited:
OMG, I've just done a google search and you're right for this year, it is a hunters moon!!! How am I ever going to tell her:scared: Mind you, her info came from the list of Pagan Moons so perhaps I'll just keep schtumm!!

You could always ask her to define what makes a 'Blue Moon' in folk history/paganism. ;)

Back