Shoulder mount

JVR.243

Some photos attached of a Fallow Buck shoulder mount done for me in 2011 by Claire Fowler. I am really pleased with it, what do you think?

Attachments

• Fallow Buck.jpg
    Fallow Buck.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 421
  • Fallow Buck 2.jpg
    Fallow Buck 2.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Fallow Buck 3.jpg
    Fallow Buck 3.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 386
  • Fallow Buck 4.jpg
    Fallow Buck 4.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 392
Claire Fowler

Some photos attached of a Fallow Buck shoulder mount done for me in 2011 by Claire Fowler. I am really pleased with it, what do you think?

She did one for me too and she did a great job. I think she has a real talent for it and would certainly recommend her

No wonder you're pleased :D JVR.243 Claire has done a cracking job :thumb:. Mr Buck is one magnificent animal, what part of the country did you shoot him:drool:?
Would you disclose to the forum what the cost was for this incredible piece of work?
Hope you've got a wall big enough to display him on
Gaz

That is a stunning piece of work. I have an old malformed fallow buck i would like to get done, its getting a decent cape thats the problem. Mine was badly marked due to fighting during the rut.

That is a stunning piece of work. I have an old malformed fallow buck i would like to get done, its getting a decent cape thats the problem. Mine was badly marked due to fighting during the rut.

Most taxidermists have spare capes for times like that...

Hi Gaz, he was from down south, Hampshire. The price was very reasonable, a lot less than the new house to fit him in! You have some nice fallow in your neck of the woods?

Hi Gaz, he was from down south, Hampshire. The price was very reasonable, a lot less than the new house to fit him in! You have some nice fallow in your neck of the woods?[/QUOTE
JVR.243 Not really got many deer on my doorstep so to speak, but I have got some ground not too far away that does have the occational big buck on it. My main stalking ground is in the Hereford area. bit i've not seen anything near the quality of your trophy. (I take it your fallow was wild and not from a park)?
Reasonable = £ ???.?? :lol:
GAZ

I agree. That is a fine buck, the finest fallow I have seen. You must be very happy! I am awaiting a sika shoulder mount so will post photographs when it's finished. Well done to the taxidermist.

I agree. That is a fine buck, the finest fallow I have seen. You must be very happy! I am awaiting a sika shoulder mount so will post photographs when it's finished. Well done to the taxidermist.

Gaz, He was indeed a true wild Fallow.... not park and not escaped. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I am very grateful for. I always thought you had some reasonable Fallow near Port Talbot, is that right?

Cervus Nippon, thanks for the comment. I look forward to seeing your mount when you have it or any other photo's of your Sika in the meantime? I'm guessing he was from north of the border?

Gaz, He was indeed a true wild Fallow.... not park and not escaped. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I am very grateful for. I always thought you had some reasonable Fallow near Port Talbot, is that right?

Cervus Nippon, thanks for the comment. I look forward to seeing your mount when you have it or any other photo's of your Sika in the meantime? I'm guessing he was from north of the border?
JVR.243, Yes your right, there are fallow in the Port Talbot area ( This is SOUTH WALES ), which is nowhere near me in Mid Wales:D

Back