Mountain men

They probably do. I think a lot is put on just to make it more watchable for a wider audience.I think Marty has it the hardest in Alaska.Just watched him build his log cabin in two days with a chainsaw hammer and nails.
I watch them on History HD. It is all right, I expected some of these people depicted to really know better....[/QUOTE

This guy who broke his arm chasing the stranger who picked his traps and then fell in the hole in the lake (the same hole we witnessed his friend open 20 seconds before he fell in it) driving the snowmobile is an insurance hazard...

I believe Tom the traper is amazing. Eustace annoys me.

The voiceover winds me up - "16 thousuand nine hundred and 54 miles, 38 yards and seven inches South"!

But I quibble - the country is amazing, Eustace needs a slap, Marty -, well what can you say about Marty. Trapper, pilot, Movember, etc, etc.

Its better than Jeremy Kyle!

Gave up on it when 'Useless Eustace' was shown pulling his mates broken down pick up with his horses,and at the top of the hill you could clearly see smoke coming from the exhaust which proved it wasn't quite as dangerous as stated and portrayed!

This guy who broke his arm chasing the stranger who picked his traps and then fell in the hole in the lake (the same hole we witnessed his friend open 20 seconds before he fell in it) driving the snowmobile is an insurance hazard...

That's actually a perfect summary right there!

I quite like the show but you do have to take everything with a pinch of salt. I would love to live on some of the property these guys have!

Eustace is just a wannabe......

well they dont look to carry a lot of fat around the gut ,a week with them would do most of us some good ,thats if we could last the week.

well they dont look to carry a lot of fat around the gut ,a week with them would do most of us some good ,thats if we could last the week.

Very true , you dont seem to get fat professional stalkers ....but plenty of fat amateurs :rofl: ,they should swop the 4x4 for one of these.. Cogburn Outdoors

Last edited:
I do Like old Tom.
Whats the name of the guy that lives in Montanna with the dogs? I like his pick up truck! Would love to have a log cabin in the woods like these guys

I have lost interest in this series ever since the rifle zeroing fiasco with Eustace.:zzz:

Now Alaska the last frontier looks promising the bloke driving the tractor down the hair pin bends with the hay had my arse all puckered like Elton john and Stephen fry wonting to take me for a night on the town.:scared:

Check it out if you get a chance.

Good series in my view,

Tom = Top old guy
Marty = Real hard nut trapper.
Eustice = Tosser.

Some good characters, but I am a bit concerned that Eustice likes to lure young men to his property with promise of helping them discover things they never knew!

Rich the lion chaser seems a fit old bloke up and down the mountains and camping out in the snow without his tent lol!

Marty is definitely my favourite, when he shot the bull moose and it took him the whole day to skin/butcher and get it home......rather him than me!

I usually give up on this type of reality TV after the first series, they all follow the same script. Lots of shouting, not enough time, always come through with seconds to spare. its like a soap opera with better actors:rolleyes:

Eustise = useless....he saked a lad because he zeroed his rifle and wounded and lost a deer...should the plum not have zeroed it himself...then he put a bit of the bone he found in his mouth to track it....haha i can hear banjos...

Last edited:
I do Like old Tom.
Whats the name of the guy that lives in Montanna with the dogs? I like his pick up truck! Would love to have a log cabin in the woods like these guys

That has to be Rich Lewis (lion trapper) in his old 1956 jeep (wilbur) I must admit
old Tom gets my vote although it's plain to see, time is catching up on the old timer.
I think the hardest part about getting old is remembering when you were young !

Watch it too enjoy Marty, old Tom and Rich . The accident prone guy should seriously considering something else , I think they said he was a logger before this , wouldn't fancy being within 500yds of him he he had a chainsaw.

As for the Eustise and his sneaky pal and their young apprentices,there something very wrong there.
Also I can't imagine what he blew all the cash on, cause he doesn't seem to have a pot to p*ss in, and his equipment etc is only junk, and that poor old grey horse that he made pull their two fat arse's up the steep hill a few weeks ago, unfortunately needs a bullet.
when he comes on, its coffee time for me.

Back