Boris Johnson gone bloody mad

What about the fencing?

boris's email is mayor@london.gov.uk

I don't live in London but my business is in a deprived area of London and I've worked a fair bit with his office on various things. I've just banged off an email to him.

This is ridiculous & is something I feel very strongly about. I'll be composing my letter to him in the morning!

ok can we come up with a standard letter then pople could just puy there name on it and e mail him?

Ban them from the archery as well, while you are at it!

I don't want to start another controversial thread on archery, but what you are saying is logical, however the powers that be have deemed that a bow is a piece of sporting equipment and not a weapon, where as a gun is a nasty thing
built with one purpose in mind and that is to kill,and the people who use them are social misfits.

However in truth the bow in the right hands or rather I should say in the wrong hands is every bit as much a weapon.

I don't want to start another controversial thread on archery, but what you are saying is logical, however the powers that be have deemed that a bow is a piece of sporting equipment and not a weapon, where as a gun is a nasty thing
built with one purpose in mind and that is to kill,and the people who use them are social misfits.

However in truth the bow in the right hands or rather I should say in the wrong hands is every bit as much a weapon.

you can tag fencing to the list then as that will encourage knife crime!!!

Or you can just realise that there is such a thing as common sense.

I heard that there would be no public access/ spectators allowed for shooting events at all, not just children. Maybe that changed?

Where is BASC now then???????

Probably at the Range Rover dealership choosing a colour.

The Voice of Shooting ( I cannot hear a fecking thing)

"London Olympic Games organisers selected the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich as a temporary Games venue because of its long history with the sport."

What a load of cock! What did they shoot with competitively - 25 pounders?

Lobbying was for facilities to be created at Bisley that would have provided a legacy for target shooting sports in this country - oh, just remembered that we don't have any pistol shooting anymore and the rest wouldn't be PC to have been supported by Coe the Clown and his political cronies. :mad: Skill at Arms in the UK today, skill at arm wrestling more like.

Last edited:
Received this reply to my email

Dear Gazza

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Evening Standard's report that London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic shooting events would be excluded from the Get Set Ticketshare scheme.

The Mayor completely understands your concerns and is happy for me to clarify that they are based on inaccurate reporting of his position. The Mayor does not support a ban on tickets for shooting or any other Olympic or Paralympic sports and feels that if a school pupil can watch a sport on television they should also be able to do it in our fantastic Olympic venues.

With more than 100,000 tickets available for the shooting events, which sold out very quickly, the Mayor has no doubt that the London 2012 Games will raise the profiles of these demanding and tense sports in the UK and beyond.

Thank you again for getting in touch with the Mayor of London on this matter.

Yours sincerely

Ingrid Shiel
Public Liaison Officer
External Affairs

Received this reply to my email

Dear Gazza

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Evening Standard's report that London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic shooting events would be excluded from the Get Set Ticketshare scheme.

The Mayor completely understands your concerns and is happy for me to clarify that they are based on inaccurate reporting of his position. The Mayor does not support a ban on tickets for shooting or any other Olympic or Paralympic sports and feels that if a school pupil can watch a sport on television they should also be able to do it in our fantastic Olympic venues.

With more than 100,000 tickets available for the shooting events, which sold out very quickly, the Mayor has no doubt that the London 2012 Games will raise the profiles of these demanding and tense sports in the UK and beyond.

Thank you again for getting in touch with the Mayor of London on this matter.

Yours sincerely

Ingrid Shiel
Public Liaison Officer
External Affairs

A copy and paste of what I got.

What about the Shot put ? 18 stones of pure shapely toned muscle hurling a shot through the air, I love Swedish women hmmmmmmm......

Back