Good Morning from West Wales

Morning everyone,
I have been lurking for months and have finally got around to joining this fine forum.
I live on a small farm in the depths of West Wales, Not many deer close to me but I am trying to work on that.
I have recently passed my DSC 1 and am looking for practical experience in the noble art of deer stalking.
I shoot rabbit and fox and have permissions on some 300 acres adjoining my land as well as belonging to a local Target Club, where I regulary shoot smallbore, fullbore and gallery rifle competitions. I am a NRA RCO and shoot gallery rifle comps both at Bisley and nationaly, I also belong to the FCSA and can be often be seen at Sennybridge Infantry Training Ground on a Saturday putting lots of lead down range so to speak.
Firearms held include 3 x 12 bores, 2 x .22 rimfires ( 10-22 and a CZ 452), A .223 with night vision, A .308 Ruger Scout Rifle and a Marlin 1894 in .44 magnum.
The list keeps on growing !!!
I reload for all of my permitted calibres, except rimfire obviously.
I am also into bushcraft and anything related.

Put simply Folks - I shoot - that is my hobby and it takes up a good deal of my life.

I already know some of you personally and I look forward to getting to know you all better in the coming months.
Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Best Wishes to you all.

DW17.

Hi, Adam isn't it, glad to see you passed DSC1 as well, hope everyone else passed OK, I'm sure they did. How do you manage to post using carrier pigeons?, Al told me that's all you had up there. Maybe see you at the reunion/range day on the 15th.
​All the best - Twts

Welcome DW17. Which club do you shoot at? I've moved near to Swansea and just joined a club north of Ammanford.

Hi Twts, I am so far into the bush I have got satellite broadband - no cable for me ! Still I don't have to pay water rates.
I will be there on range day just hope it's bbq weather. See you then.
Thanks xavierdoc, I shoot with Haverfordwest TSC , you should join Offas Dyke or The Fifty Cal and get down to Sennybridge, The MOD have just revamped the target systems, it's all good out to 1800m :D.

DW17

Hi Twts, I am so far into the bush I have got satellite broadband - no cable for me ! Still I don't have to pay water rates.
I will be there on range day just hope it's bbq weather. See you then.
Thanks xavierdoc, I shoot with Haverfordwest TSC , you should join Offas Dyke or The Fifty Cal and get down to Sennybridge, The MOD have just revamped the target systems, it's all good out to 1800m :D.

DW17

​Thanks- I have been toying with that idea. Problem being the slippery slope into the long range money pit...!

I do know the feeling Sir, but for £60 a year and £10 for the day you can shoot what you have got so it can be useful practise at lesser ranges, all ranges from 100m are there.

I do know the feeling Sir, but for £60 a year and £10 for the day you can shoot what you have got so it can be useful practise at lesser ranges, all ranges from 100m are there.

That's not bad. I thought it would be more.

I've got a .284Win in the works with Dane Rifles: think I will have to get up there to stretch its legs. Won't do for 1800yds but 1000-1200 shouldn't be a problem.

xavierdoc - you will need your NRA shooters certification card as issued by your present club, If you pm me when you want to go I will make sure I am there as well.

Scrumbag- Thanks very much - moved from Gods Country to another one !

Back