Richards stocks from USA

PointerJack

Hi all,

has anyone managed to buy a stock from Richards Stocks (USA) and get it shipped to the UK? I have been told that they do not export out, however some people have had them sent here??

Quite fancy their TH wolverine model. I have not found anything similar in the UK for that price!

Thanks

PJ

i've shot them in the states and they are nice stocks. i'm sure some kind shooter on an american board would send you one if you payed for it all etc. etc.

Hi all,

has anyone managed to buy a stock from Richards Stocks (USA) and get it shipped to the UK? I have been told that they do not export out, however some people have had them sent here??

Quite fancy their TH wolverine model. I have not found anything similar in the UK for that price!

Thanks

PJ

If you look closely at my Avatar you will see a Richards Microfit stock. It was very cheap to buy, but very expensive to get if finished. I got it for my Sako 75 as it was the only option I could find at the time that gave me a thumbhole stock.

I think there are better options around now.

Regards

JCS

Hi all,

Thanks

PJ

forget richards unless you are a semi or full pro stocker. you will need to do significant inletting in both the receiver recess and barrel channel, exterior work, as well as know how to properly oil finish a stock (and no, not using BLO)...

like John says,,better options out there for sure, RM has been left behind by the likes of boyds and JW.

Had one imported a couple of years ago.ok for money and not a real problem to finish off if you have a little patience.however now I would probably buy from joe west rifle stocks in uk.look at their website as they offer a full custom service as well as a good range of mass produced stuff.regards Richard.

I had one sent over, as most have said, they are a lot of work to get right (PM if you want the full version) Once done they are a good stock and I'm happy with mine now its done, but if I bought another , I'd probably get a boyds, or pay the extra and get a British one (Joe West)

Thanks for all your replies.

I have looked at Joe West, but the Richards stocks took my fancy. Boyd's and McMillan don't do a TH laminate stock for a CZ 550 unfortunately.

Looks like I'll be taking a trip to J West to see what he has.

PJ

Thanks for all your replies.

I have looked at Joe West, but the Richards stocks took my fancy. Boyd's and McMillan don't do a TH laminate stock for a CZ 550 unfortunately.

Looks like I'll be taking a trip to J West to see what he has.

PJ

Joe Wests and Richards are like chalk and cheese, the Joe West is a vastly superior product, the unfinished from Joe West means final sanding and application of chosen oil or varnish, Richards need many hours of sanding starting with 60 grit and working up to 400grit, i have bedded and finished several Richards and they turn into great stocks once the work has been put in.

Ian.

Back