Help please,airline approved ammo case ?

nick100

I need two airline approved cartridge shotgun cartridge boxes, can any one recommend a supplier ?
They need to be able to carry 125 shells a piece.
Oh yea and its with Easy Jet, so could be fun.

Thanks guys.

I either use a Shotbox from Scott Country for cartridges or a small Storm Case (identical to a Pelicase) for rifle ammunition - both are deemed fine by various airlines including Easyjet and have survived multiple long and short haul trips. The Storm is heavier but indestructible and I have a double rifle flight case by the same maker, so am slightly biased.

By the way, Easyjet are very painless to fly with when carrying firearms, just allow plenty of time for check-ins etc.

Adam.

Would they accept a MoD type ammo box with a decent hasp welded in place, and a good padlock?
I have seen these in use with variouse methods of locking, hasp and staple with padlock, Hasp through the closing bit of the case, with padlock and all have been acceptable by air lines, the most recent was with Easy jet and Air Lingus in January.

Thanks guys.
Still struggling to find a cartridge box, its for my Dad so I think he wants something with airline approved written all over it.:banghead:

From the sound of it if its a locking box of a rigid nature that will do the job ?

Glad to hear Easy Jet are ok with guns.

Another quick question, do shotgun carts. have to be in a case in your luggage or do they just go through on their own ?

Thanks again.

Because of their bulk, shotgun cartridges normally go in the container we have been discussing and handed in with the shotgun !

Because of their bulk, shotgun cartridges normally go in the container we have been discussing and handed in with the shotgun !

Thanks for that.
It would so much simpler and cheaper not to take shells, but thats parents for you.

Flew Easyjet Luton - Lisbon in December. They're own rules state that you must put ammo in seperate approved container and check that in PLUS your normal bag PLUS your gun. At Luton they then told us just to stick our small Peli cases with ammo in our checked bag.

On return from Lisbon they stuck by the rules. One of our party thought, stuff this I'll do the same as on the way out. Needless to say Portuguese security didn't like it. He didn't get on the plane.

Stan

If you want a MoD ammo box I think I'll be able to dig one out. You'll have to sort out the locking side of things though.

I have flown with guns on Easyjet literally dozens of times. For rifle ammo, little metal cash box, ammo and rifle bolt in the tin box, tin box inside your checked luggage. No problems.

Can't think where I would be flying that I needed to take shotgun ammo with me.

If you want a MoD ammo box I think I'll be able to dig one out. You'll have to sort out the locking side of things though.

Cheers buddy, think sorted now for a case.

Can't think where I would be flying that I needed to take shotgun ammo with me.

Off to Mallorca, partridge shooting, but my old man found there cartridges too thumpy.:cuckoo:

I have flown with guns on Easyjet literally dozens of times. For rifle ammo, little metal cash box, ammo and rifle bolt in the tin box, tin box inside your checked luggage. No problems.

That's how I have always done it, both with Easyjet and British Airways. Never encountered any problems.

I have flown with guns on Easyjet literally dozens of times. For rifle ammo, little metal cash box, ammo and rifle bolt in the tin box, tin box inside your checked luggage. No problems. Can't think where I would be flying that I needed to take shotgun ammo with me.
That's the normal way with Rifle ammo but I was just trying to imagine doing the same with a great slab of shotgun cartridges, just about leave room for a spare pair of shreddies and maybe a T shirt :D

Aye, but it's not a slab, it's only 125. Tom Young at Continental Shooting Supplies should do perfectly adequate wee boxes. 01294 833 297. Open late on Wednesday night.

Back