Barnes Tsx

redlab

In addition to the Thread started by goathunter1 has anybody used the barnes Tsx range of bullets and if so what do they think of there performance? Accuracy and knock down power??
Thanks in advance.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

David

i like them , ive used the barnes tipped tsx in 6.5 and the txs in .270 .

i got on really well with them , but i did drive mine a sensible speeds (2850-2900 fps) and i certainly plan to have a load worked out in due course for my 300 win mag .

i like them , ive used the barnes tipped tsx in 6.5 and the txs in .270 .

i got on really well with them , but i did drive mine a sensible speeds (2850-2900 fps) and i certainly plan to have a load worked out in due course for my 300 win mag .

What weight were you using?? I only ask as it seems that the few articles that I have read suggest that using a lighter bullet works best?

Thanks
David

What weight were you using?? I only ask as it seems that the few articles that I have read suggest that using a lighter bullet works best?

Thanks
David

My mate uses the 6.5 120g in the swede at about 2900 fps very effective on all species.....

My mate uses the 6.5 120g in the swede at about 2900 fps very effective on all species.....

Cheers Mongoose I'm using the last of my factory nosler balistic 120G at the moment, then I have 100 129g hornady homeloads loaded by a mate to work my way thru, although with all the talk about these I might try the barnes. i'm just working my way to homeloading my self in the next few months.

Cheers
David

Cheers Mongoose I'm using the last of my factory nosler balistic 120G at the moment, then I have 100 129g hornady homeloads loaded by a mate to work my way thru, although with all the talk about these I might try the barnes. i'm just working my way to homeloading my self in the next few months.

Cheers
David

Yep me to as soon as my ticket comes through going to start myself got everything but the heads wish it would hurry up I'm to impatient for my own good, some people don't like these Barnes bullets but from what I've seen and used there is very little meat damage considering the speed there running at and do a very effective job I think I remember reading somewhere that the forestry commission are going to ban lead bullets in the future so I think people are going to have to use this type of bullet in the future......

Yep me to as soon as my ticket comes through going to start myself got everything but the heads wish it would hurry up I'm to impatient for my own good, some people don't like these Barnes bullets but from what I've seen and used there is very little meat damage considering the speed there running at and do a very effective job I think I remember reading somewhere that the forestry commission are going to ban lead bullets in the future so I think people are going to have to use this type of bullet in the future......

Really can't be any worse than a shoulder shot with nosler balistic tips.... now that makes a mess, granted not much runs but if i looked like i'd been hit by a truck Don't think i'd run far too!!!

Back