Anyone put a baby seat in a mk7 Hilux?

White Hart

Chaps

Just got a new truck (double cab) and need to get Nipper around in it occasionally. It doesn't have isofix so it's by the belt job. Anybody got one in there's and what do you recommend? He has a rear facing job in the main car which has isofix.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

WH

Yes I use a Britax one that reclines , forward facing
I also use the belt and its nice and snug

if if you want a pic just send me your email

Yes I use a Britax one that reclines , forward facing
I also use the belt and its nice and snug

if if you want a pic just send me your email

Thanks for that, I never checked until I did the deal and then thought about it! I had it in my mind it was going to be a right pain but looks straightforward enough.

Thanks again.

WH

No, but my newborn is very happy in her Maxi-Cosi (rear-facing seatbelt job) going cross country in a filthy mid-80s Land Rover 90. Can yours be separated from the isofix base and just belted in?

Couple of ratchet straps down to the lashing rings in the back and you'll be fine :thumb: You might want to put a tarpaulin over the little un when it rains though.

No, but my newborn is very happy in her Maxi-Cosi (rear-facing seatbelt job) going cross country in a filthy mid-80s Land Rover 90. Can yours be separated from the isofix base and just belted in?

Unfortunatly not mate he's in the next size up. Good thinking thought.

Couple of ratchet straps down to the lashing rings in the back and you'll be fine :thumb: You might want to put a tarpaulin over the little un when it rains though.

Could you imagine the headlines gun owning dad straps baby to pick up bed!!! Joking aside back in the day we were in the back but not strapped down!

We had a number of vehicles we just sat in the back of, we had an old ex buzzbee bt van we sat on bales of straw! I can remember once sat in the back of a rover p6 on the way to market with a few sheep on the back seat! If the weather was bad I went to school in dads tractor now that should be very cool but I remember at the time it really wasn't!!!

Back