Tyre kicker Extraordinaire

FlyBoy270

Thought this might amuse, series of pm's from a new member who now has 6 posts, 5 of them to me!

Bushnell Elite 3200 3-10 x 50
Hi, has the scope got a 1" or 30mm tube?

Re: Bushnell Elite 3200 3-10 x 50
HI, to be honest I was really looking for a 30mm tube, as I don't want to buy new mounts for my 700. I was looking at a 3-9x50 3200 firefly ret on Pigeon watch, but to be honest the guy seems a little dodgy.

In any case, whats the best price you would sell the scope for?

Originally Posted by FlyBoy270
Hi old_realtree

It is a 1" tube from the good 'ol US of A, its a new model just been launched, its shorter than its predecessor the 3-8 x 50, I have just added some specs from the Bushnell Website, I can send you a link if you like.

thanks for looking FlyBoy270

Thanks

JohnRe: Bushnell Elite 3200 3-10 x 50
Hi FB, Bushnell did do a FF 3-9x50 30mm (try google). I have matched Badger rails & rings on my 700 sps tactical, at the moment I have a 10x42 on the top which isn't exactly a stalking scope, hence my search for a new scope. Not in any rush at all as it's a .308 and I'll be using my .243" on the roe.
If I were to buy a 1" tubed scope, it's going to set me back £150 for rings, which is why I am looking for a 30mm scope. I do however I have 30mm Titan (original) on my CZ .22rf which would go well on the .308 and rings for that are cheap as chips.

John

Hi old_realtree

Two things,
First item: the Scope on Pigeon watch is NOT NEW,
second, I cannot find a 3-9 x 50 Firefly with a 30mm tube, they are all listed as 1",

mine is new in the box with all paperwork, I only broke the seal to photograph it, happy to supply a set of rings if i have some to suit.

FlyBoy270
The price is better than you will get anywhere, I have sold a used 3-9 x 50 for £200,
the importers JJ Vickers don't even list these yet, $338 is what they retail for in the US.
Natchez are selling the 3-10x50 3200 for $219.95 + UK shipping $50, so thats $269.95 or £168 (I can forward their email if you want proof).

Just out of interest it will cost £198 all in.
I've purchased upwards of twenty scopes from the US and am aware of the costs. However, I was simply pointing out that your guesstimate of $300+ was totally way off the mark but hey good luck with the sale.

John

Got one thanks . . .
Yep, if you add import duty and VAT @ 20% that would come to: £220 and the courier would charge £25 to collect the VAT and Duty, been there done that . . be my guest
or you could have a holiday in the US and buy one.

real_old_tree

So go buy one
So why are you wasting my time
Retail price quoted was from the Bushnell Website in the US.
JJ Vickers UK distributors have 3-9 x 50 Firefly at £351 and 3-9 x 50 DOA @ £450 so who is overpriced ?
FlyBoy270

What amazes me is when I get a PM asking my location when it is clearly shown in my Avator.
Which brings me to the point.
Why doesn't everybody put a location, it would make deciding whether to offer practical advice a lot easier.

I take it you've never tried to sell a house? Now those *******s are professional time wasters - they'll insults you, your taste, the wife's housekeeping abilities whilst expecting you to keep smiling and get the kettle on!

I take it you've never tried to sell a house? Now those *******s are professional time wasters - they'll insults you, your taste, the wife's housekeeping abilities whilst expecting you to keep smiling and get the kettle on!

I actually told a guy and his wife to get-the-f##K out of my house one night. In front of the estate agent. He stood and slagged it off to my face like it was a scrap second hand car, and then offered 10 grand under the asking price. This pr1ck just thought he was smarter than everyone else. Sold it a week later for 5 grand over the asking....

Also had a couple come and look at the house, the wife had spent hours cleaning the place etc. After about ten minutes they said "lovely house, much too expensive for us...." WTF?

Last edited:
Hows about you sell your house that was built on a private access road and garden wall was the boundery of the property, several years later the local council adopted the road, fine we get it maintained free now, well the bloke wants to buy the house but says I need to pay to have the front garden wall moved back 6 feet from the road!! What an clown, that was only one of many stupid things that took place, final one was he sent a bill to my solicitor for £80 for changing the locks on the back and front door, as I could have made copies of the keys for the doors before the sale!! You know what I told my solicitor! We had 83 emails from the buyer during the sale period, my solicitor said in 30 years of selling houses he has never had one like it, bloke buying the house was a school teacher!

Awe bless the poor kids he teaches.

Bod.

What amazes me is when I get a PM asking my location when it is clearly shown in my Avator.
Which brings me to the point.
Why doesn't everybody put a location, it would make deciding whether to offer practical advice a lot easier.

Eddie - I agree. It is a point I have myself made. It would not be difficult for the moderators to make location a mandatory field.

I actually told a guy and his wife to get-the-f##K out of my house one night. In front of the estate agent. He stood and slagged it off to my face like it was a scrap second hand car, and then offered 10 grand under the asking price. This pr1ck just thought he was smarter than everyone else. Sold it a week later for 5 grand over the asking....

Also had a couple come and look at the house, the wife had spent hours cleaning the place etc. After about ten minutes they said "lovely house, much too expensive for us...." WTF?

Glad I'm not trying to buy your house! I'm looking to buy for the first time at the moment and everyone has advised me to start negotiations at 10-15% under the asking price and work up! Hope no one tells me to get the f##k out of their house!

Of course, I would never stand in someone's home and slag it off!

Eddie - I agree. It is a point I have myself made. It would not be difficult for the moderators to make location a mandatory field.

True, but people could just BS about their location too if they want to remain geographically anonymous.:rolleyes:

When I bought my first house, we bought it complete with fitted carpets ( nothing would fit there new house, and I had none) the first day after completion I took my parents to see the house, while we were upstairs I heard the back door unlock as the previous owner came back for a bedroom carpet he had kept a key and didnt think I would mind.

Glad I'm not trying to buy your house! I'm looking to buy for the first time at the moment and everyone has advised me to start negotiations at 10-15% under the asking price and work up! Hope no one tells me to get the f##k out of their house!

Of course, I would never stand in someone's home and slag it off!

To be fair, it was the slagging and criticism rather than the offer.

The method of selling a house here is different than in England. It is a "offers in excess of.." type thing, where the asking price is a minimum and the estate agent takes open bids over a period of a few weeks. If you phone an estate agent and ask "what is the current best offer on house X", they will say £140K, or whatever, and then you know what you are up against. Also means that you aren't making a £150K bid against a £140K under bidder. It is effectively a slow auction.

To be fair, it was the slagging and criticism rather than the offer.

The method of selling a house here is different than in England. It is a "offers in excess of.." type thing, where the asking price is a minimum and the estate agent takes open bids over a period of a few weeks. If you phone an estate agent and ask "what is the current best offer on house X", they will say £140K, or whatever, and then you know what you are up against. Also means that you aren't making a £150K bid against a £140K under bidder. It is effectively a slow auction.

seems a good way of doing things to me !

And the scottish sealed bid system whereby you make an offer by a certain closing date and if your offer is accepted you have bought it is even better. Vendor is t liberty to accept whichever ffer he wants - could be the lowest / highest or the prettiest, but if you offer is accepted and you then change your mind / can't afford it you are in the poo.......

Back