Idea what's your thoughts

davidm

Don't know if this will work or even if its all ready been done but here goes ...

When am out stalking I like to have everything I need in my pockets but the buck I shot with wattygun off here week past on Sunday was a 500 yard drag uphill so a was tired after it so been thinking all last week as I really don't like the idea of carrying a roe sack so here my first idea...

Purse net like you'd use for rabbits only bigger and stinger netting with two rucksack straps sewn through it maby with shoulder cushions. The thinking is it'll be small enough to fold into a pocket but ideal for carrying roe/ muntjac/ cwd out the woods to your car and could stick it in the washing machine when home.

Obviously down side are possible blood all down your back if there's still some in the carcasses and antlers if not lied up.

Anyone any thoughts/ has it been done before I start with the sewing machine this weekend?

David

Don't know if this will work or even if its all ready been done but here goes ...

When am out stalking I like to have everything I need in my pockets but the buck I shot with wattygun off here week past on Sunday was a 500 yard drag uphill so a was tired after it so been thinking all last week as I really don't like the idea of carrying a roe sack so here my first idea...

Purse net like you'd use for rabbits only bigger and stinger netting with two rucksack straps sewn through it maby with shoulder cushions. The thinking is it'll be small enough to fold into a pocket but ideal for carrying roe/ muntjac/ cwd out the woods to your car and could stick it in the washing machine when home.

Obviously down side are possible blood all down your back if there's still some in the carcasses and antlers if not lied up.

Anyone any thoughts/ has it been done before I start with the sewing machine this weekend?

David

Forget the buck for a moment . . . are you telling me that Wattygun managed to drag his sorry ass up a 500 yard incline ? ? ?
:rofl:

Forget the buck for a moment . . . are you telling me that Wattygun managed to drag his sorry ass up a 500 yard incline ? ? ?
:rofl:

Haha well he did opt to go the other way to collect the van and I took the buck to the nearest road... Not sure who got the short end :doh: :rofl:

I dont like carrying my roe sack either so i just usually hock the front leg and split the opposite back leg so the lower joint is off but still attached to the skin and slip that through the front and carry like a bag but make sure you carry with the entry close to the body or you get covered in claret not sure of any other way as i think you will get blathered with a net, atb wayne

I dont like carrying my roe sack either so i just usually hock the front leg and split the opposite back leg so the lower joint is off but still attached to the skin and slip that through the front and carry like a bag but make sure you carry with the entry close to the body or you get covered in claret not sure of any other way as i think you will get blathered with a net, atb wayne

May try that next time see how that goes. Cheers

Hi a little roe buck 500 yards good job it was not a big RED 1 mile.
jym membership required .

Am quiet fine with my pub membership :) if it was a red I would have used the quad fact next buck any further than 100yrds think all get the quad.

Hi David I see your haveing fun you have put a lot in to your stalking & acheived alot but the fun stops when you pull the triger .

Hi David I see your haveing fun you have put a lot in to your stalking & acheived alot but the fun stops when you pull the triger .

Yeah Den just enjoying my stalking. Aw it's not to bad to much time working away from home so sitting thinking about thinks to make it easier when really if a was at home ad just be getting on with it. All the draging is make up for it when it's on the plate ready for eating.

Well Said, Turn the roe into a ruck sac and carry, simple.

I don't need to get fitter I'm fit enuf. I was just looking for something easier. Always analysing things. I've pulled reds off the hill, dragged a doe and kid through re-stock doesn't mean that you can't analyse it to make it easier. Or we would all be still driving round horse and cart.

Back