Right to purchase ammo

Crosshair243

I've just completed my renewal and everything is in place as requested.
However, in part two "Ammunition including expanding ammunition and expanding missiles" there is only a section on how much I am allowed to possess, nothing about how much I am "authorised to purchase or acquire at any one time".

Is this an omission or have they done away with that part and you can buy as much as you're allowed to possess?

They have done away with maximum right to acquire, just make sure you don't exceed your maximum to possess if you have some left in the cabinet when you go to buy more.

Presumably then? for those of us with written "to acquire" limits we should abide by the written limit or apply for the removal of said condition?:old:

Presumably then? for those of us with written "to acquire" limits we should abide by the written limit or apply for the removal of said condition?:old:

Yes, but I am told if you apply for a variation for anything or renewal then your fac should automatically be amended to incorporate the changes to do with allowances.

my licence was updated when I put in for a variation. It was stiil so new my local gunshop had not seen one

I just put in a variation request and that still had acquire and hold sections !

Sort of contrary !

I had one of my certificates back this morning and was expecting the certificate to be in the new format and it wasn't. Not that it makes any difference but I guess my force are still using up the old forms.

No complaints with regard to the time taken to process the application either, they certainly seem to be trying their best at the moment, perhaps it's because they are trying to stave off amalgamation with the adjoining force.:lol:

Last edited:
Back