Roe heads

Yorkshire lad

Seen and shot Afew bucks this week and noticed most have poor or odd growth heads. Thinking its down to the hard frosts this spring when heads where still in velvet. Anyone else seeing this ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 160
I wonder where you are specifically? We get heads like that in the dales area whereas in the vale of York I have been seeing plenty of really good animals. The main issue is that they are not really showing

I`ve had one or two malforms so far, probably due to the frost, but in the main the standard of bucks seems to be better this year than for a while, I`ve come accross one or two crackers that have suprised me just because of their antler size, don`t normaly get big heads so these boys really stood out

Bob

I wonder where you are specifically? We get heads like that in the dales area whereas in the vale of York I have been seeing plenty of really good animals. The main issue is that they are not really showing
These heads have been from the dales. But don't usually get them this poor, he did weigh him at 32lbs. I have seen a small buck and will try grassing him on Friday to see what condition he's in. I too shoot north of York and have seen some good heads. Going to try for them this weekend I think.

Back