Swarovski and Leica Bins

N.F.W.M

Very sadly my Zeiss range finder bins have been nicked out of my car. (*******S!!!)
I am now in the market for some new RF bins.

Does anybody know if Swarovski are about to release a pair of RF EL bins ?

Anybody own a pair of Leica Geovids ? Likes/dislikes ?

Thanks

Sticks

have a pair of geovids 8x56 (have a 8x56 s&b, so get the same light gathering picture) there quite heavy but superb quality, had them about 3 years and would'nt change them
Dave

I recently chopped in my Swaro ELC 8.5x42 and Leica LRF 1200 for a set of 10x42 Geovids.

As far as optics go I would say they are as good as each other. The Geovids are a bit heavier than the Swaro's, but it's much easier
not having to mess about swapping from Bino's to rangefinder.

Snip

Does anybody know if Swarovski are about to release a pair of RF EL bins ?

Snip

Thanks

Sticks

I asked this very question to 'a man in the know' at the Newark show last weekend, and he told me to hang on until Midland Game Fair this summer.

Swaro are developing a rangefinder version and it is at least 2 yrs late. It not going to be cheap in the £2k region from what I have heard. I was told this on the Swaro trade stand at the CLA last year.

I have had a pair of Geovids HD 10x42 for 18 months and would not be without them now, more ergonomic than the Zeiss Victories. Money very well spent imop.

D

I asked this very question to 'a man in the know' at the Newark show last weekend, and he told me to hang on until Midland Game Fair this summer.

Was this a Swarovski rep ? Every year at the CLA a mate of mine has been asking Swarovski when the RF bins are due and every year they say ..... in 6 months !

I went to York guns recently and they had both the Zeiss and Leica RF bins, I tried them both outside and although im a Zeiss victory fan the Leica felt better in the hand they were lighter too. Having said that i cant say that i liked the egonomics of the Leica either so im going to wait for the Swarovski if they are based on the EL model as Swaro sugest i have got a feeling that if i purchesed a set of Leica's i would regret it when the new Swaros are released.

Regards
Deer stalker

Andy,

Who did you do the deal with?, Npton Gun?.

I have a set of B-Gat Ziess and a Leica 900 and might be tempted for a similar deal. I was impressed with the Leica's Chris had a few years ago but would probably prefer teh Ziess combo version.

Geoff

Last edited:
Andy,

Who did you do the deal with?, Npton Gun?.

I have a set of B-Gat Ziess and a Leica 900 and might be tempted for a similar deal. I was impressed with the Leica's Chris had a few years ago but would probably prefer teh Ziess combo version.

Geoff

Thats right Geoff, they did me a good (very good) p/x deal, and priced matched as well. I was very happy with the deal. ;)

I have a set of the zeiss ones 8x45 and absolutely love them. They are a much easier option then seperate items and the clarity is superb.

Pinged an emither to Swarovski UK to ask about the launch date for the EL Rangefinder binocular.

The response....

Thank you for your enquiry. The release of the laser range finding
binoculars is I believe planned for the end of this year.

Funnily enough I got the same reply this time last year !!!

Sticks

Pinged an emither to Swarovski UK to ask about the launch date for the EL Rangefinder binocular.

The response....

Thank you for your enquiry. The release of the laser range finding
binoculars is I believe planned for the end of this year.

Funnily enough I got the same reply this time last year !!!

Sticks

Gents,

I spoke to the Swaro team at the British Shooting show at Newark last weekend.

They told me the range finding bins will be out in a few months and the will be 8 x and 10 x the team also confirmed the model they were going to be based on.. however i've since forgot!!!!!

Price confirmed around 2k...

If there as good as the swaro team told me.. I'd hang on to your cash and see how they compare to the competition.

Cheers

Robbo25

The Swaro rep I spoke to seemed to think release at or for the Midland. Not holding my breath though.

Gents,

I spoke to the Swaro team at the British Shooting show at Newark last weekend.

They told me the range finding bins will be out in a few months and the will be 8 x and 10 x the team also confirmed the model they were going to be based on.. however i've since forgot!!!!!

Price confirmed around 2k...

If there as good as the swaro team told me.. I'd hang on to your cash and see how they compare to the competition.

Cheers

Robbo25

I was told there would be 8x and 10x models based on the EL binocular.

Back