Damp on rifle stock

KB1

My cabinet is positioned under the stairs and I'm starting to notice damp specs on the butt of my Anshutz. Don't have anywhere else to put the cabinet. How big an issue is this (non of the metal on the barrels is rusting btw) ?also, what are my options: using rifle socks, silica gels ??
Thanks

I'd be concerned about the metal rusting (even tho you said it's not doing so yet) if there is damp in the cabinet.

Agreed. The cabinet is just not in the right place. There's the living room but of course there's the wife to deal with on that one.......

I'd be concerned about the metal rusting (even tho you said it's not doing so yet) if there is damp in the cabinet.

Thanks, how big are these as my cabinet is getting a bit tight on space. Also, does it actually collect water that needs to be disposed of?

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you click and read the description?

"Keep your precious items safe from the damaging effects of damp and condensation with this Compact Rechargeable Dehumidifier; it is so good that we have put our name on it. Extremely versatile, it doesn’t require any batteries or trailing wires making it ideal for use in small areas such as drawers, storage boxes and cupboards, wardrobes, bookshelves, car boots, bathrooms and on window sills- in fact anywhere a power source may not be easily accessible! It uses special 100% renewable, non-toxic ‘water glass’ silica gel crystals to soak up moisture, which show blue when dry and turn the indicator window to pink when it has soaked up the maximum volume of water. Simply plug the unit into the mains overnight (charger supplied) and it will dry out, ready to use again – no mess or expensive refills! With each charge the unit can be used for up to 2 months in a closed space (depending on the amount of moisture in the air). Measures approx. 15.5cm x12cm x4.5cm (6 1/8in x4 ¾in x1¾ in)."

That would help. Cheers. going to give these a try.

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you click and read the description?

"Keep your precious items safe from the damaging effects of damp and condensation with this Compact Rechargeable Dehumidifier; it is so good that we have put our name on it. Extremely versatile, it doesn’t require any batteries or trailing wires making it ideal for use in small areas such as drawers, storage boxes and cupboards, wardrobes, bookshelves, car boots, bathrooms and on window sills- in fact anywhere a power source may not be easily accessible! It uses special 100% renewable, non-toxic ‘water glass’ silica gel crystals to soak up moisture, which show blue when dry and turn the indicator window to pink when it has soaked up the maximum volume of water. Simply plug the unit into the mains overnight (charger supplied) and it will dry out, ready to use again – no mess or expensive refills! With each charge the unit can be used for up to 2 months in a closed space (depending on the amount of moisture in the air). Measures approx. 15.5cm x12cm x4.5cm (6 1/8in x4 ¾in x1¾ in)."

That would help. Cheers. going to give these a try.

LOL! I've got a couple and they are good. We had to deploy one in the Bride's car as one of the kids left a door wide open overnight and it mooed with rain. Took a few months, and no idea how many recharges, but all dry now.

You have to love kids, they always pick the perfect time to create chaos!!!

LOL! I've got a couple and they are good. We had to deploy one in the Bride's car as one of the kids left a door wide open overnight and it mooed with rain. Took a few months, and no idea how many recharges, but all dry now.

Back