Bit of FAC help on land and contacting

Hi guys,

I am just awaiting for my first ticket to come through. I put the land owners name and address on the application presuming they know what land he actually owns. I'm know led to believe they have only got the paperwork for the main bit of land rather than all the fields he rents. My firearms officer said I am allowed to shoot the calibres I have on land I have permission as long as I know that they have been approved for the calibres I would be using. As I don't know what calibre is approved is this a simple case of ringing and asking or does it cost to ask or? I also cant seem to get through to west midlands police at all. The firearms department is all automated without the option to speak to a real person, emailed regarding my ticket two months ago and chasing it up and never got a reply. Does anyone know how to get in touch? Pete Hyde is my FEO.

​Thanks.

Hi guys, I am just awaiting for my first ticket to come through. I put the land owners name and address on the application presuming they know what land he actually owns. I'm know led to believe they have only got the paperwork for the main bit of land rather than all the fields he rents. My firearms officer said I am allowed to shoot the calibres I have on land I have permission as long as I know that they have been approved for the calibres I would be using. As I don't know what calibre is approved is this a simple case of ringing and asking or does it cost to ask or? I also cant seem to get through to west midlands police at all. The firearms department is all automated without the option to speak to a real person, emailed regarding my ticket two months ago and chasing it up and never got a reply. Does anyone know how to get in touch? Pete Hyde is my FEO. ​Thanks.

I find this a little confusing
The Police will know what land the landowner owns but not the fields he rents.
The fields he rents will belong to another Landowner so do you have permission from him/her too?

Determining whether the land is approved for your calibres should be a phone call or email and does not cost anything.

As you are waiting for your FAC, all should be clearer when you receive it unless the Police have a query in the meantime

I don't know anything about West Midlands Police but I'm sure someone here will do and will assist

hope this helps

I find this a little confusing
The Police will know what land the landowner owns but not the fields he rents.
The fields he rents will belong to another Landowner so do you have permission from him/her too?

Determining whether the land is approved for your calibres should be a phone call or email and does not cost anything.

As you are waiting for your FAC, all should be clearer when you receive it unless the Police have a query in the meantime

I don't know anything about West Midlands Police but I'm sure someone here will do and will assist

hope this helps
Check with your landowner if he owns the shooting rights on the rented ground he has, I would very much doubt he has but you never know unless you ask.

I will ring and ask regarding the fields, what's the best way to tell them the fields over the phone. I have a OS grid reference for the centre of the fields if that helps?

The fields he rents I believe he rents them as a whole including the shooting rights. There is a few of us that control the vermin and the foxes. If he didn't own the shooting rights I doubt very much he would let us on.

I will ring and ask regarding the fields, what's the best way to tell them the fields over the phone. I have a OS grid reference for the centre of the fields if that helps?

The fields he rents I believe he rents them as a whole including the shooting rights. There is a few of us that control the vermin and the foxes. If he didn't own the shooting rights I doubt very much he would let us on.

blimey i would be carefull there with presumption if you don't know who has rights it could be the end of your fac ,atb wayne

blimey i would be carefull there with presumption if you don't know who has rights it could be the end of your fac ,atb wayne

​Best get that checked out then. Ill have a word with the land owner when I next see him and dig a little deeper.

Got in contact and all was above board and sorted. FEO knows the fields rented as well as owned and the rights are in the contract for the fields.

Be careful, depends on the contract, in some cases on rented land their may be a right to contol vermin but not game/deer. Better be safe than sorry.

D

+1 for cyres and the others who siad watch wot ur doing

Sporting right can be a legal minefield and most farmers are completely oblivious to it and think it is ok to let folk on. I'd say it is quite unusual for a farmer to lease the sporting rights unless he actually wants to shoot it or atleast have control over who's shooting it, as he'd have to pay extra. Not many farmer will throw money away. If he's renting ground off a private individual ur probably ok but if a large estate sporting rights are often leased seperately

The sporting rights themselves can vary widely between estates and land agents; leases with game or deer either combined or seperate and vermin (fox rabbit etc) can be tied in with 1 lease or the other or not included.

Agreed . . There can be a number of parties with different interests in the same bit of land . . .On one of my leases there is the following -

1} The owner of the ground the trees are planted on.
2} The owner of the trees {a pension company}.
3} The plantation management company.
4} Me, who has the sporting rights.

The legalities can be daunting . ..always best to double check these things.

Back