Cheap postal service to Canada

Olaf

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions as to a reasonably priced service that will deliver a 20 kg parcel of arb kit to Canada ?
im going to try parcel force tomorrow but I have the feeling that it will be cheaper for me to drive the kit over there in person !

Kind regards, Olaf

Have a look at Mammoth Parcels - have used these guys before and they've been cheaper than everyone else and all has got there safe and sound :thumb:

Thanks to all for taking the time to write replies. It's given me some good research avenues to investigate.

many thanks once again,

kind regards, Olaf

Canada! Oh no! I stopped selling anything, on eBay, to Canada.

Their customs people are totally bonkers, or rather anal, when it comes to stuff coming in. If the sender's name and address and telephone details aren't written on the package in the right place, in the right way, in the right size...

Then it gets rejected! Or held even for three months BEFORE it even gets to that point. So my advice? Best either NOT send it or pay a premium price and use someone like DHL or UPS where there won't be problems.

Am surprised by some of the replies

i have family in Canada and have had no problems sending stuff back
i use parcel2go, they have a very good live chat support function and I even had to get the insurance to kick in on some damaged wheels
they handled it very well

us and Canada is never what I would call cheap to ship to though

Parcel2go are useless. Impossible to get hold of anybody who is interested when something goes wrong.

Parchlhero are good (they generally use DHL or UPS etc).

"If" things go wrong, I agree to some extent, however, you can track, and contact the company they sub out to direct, and if you still have an issue, go straight to their FACEBOOK page, and post the issue you need help with. You'll be surprised at how quickly things get resolved ;)

I tend to use UPS, or TNT. I won't touch Yodel, they are the worst courier company I have ever dealt with.

Ah ! The thread thickens !
Great replies, thank you so much to all for posting, obviously any further comments or thoughts on the matter will be most happily received. I will make some phone calls tomorrow and will post my findings ( excuse the pun) on here as there seem to be a few folk who will find it of use/interest.

kind regards, Olaf

Back