Tikka T3 left handed stocks

2teal

Help and advice wanted....

OK so I am planning on buying a Tikka T3 and would like the Hunter Wood/Stainless (screwcut) however GMK do not import this in left handed.
I think I will need to buy the synthetic/stainless option and then look for a replacement stock. (I don't like the idea of the non free floating synthetic stock)

Ideally I would like a wooden stock but have not ruled out laminated or synthetic. This is a stalking rifle so weight and style is a consideration.
So what have other people done? what is available?
Is there anyone out there with a wooden stock that would be interested in swapping it for a synthetic one?

Anthony

Help and advice wanted....

OK so I am planning on buying a Tikka T3 and would like the Hunter Wood/Stainless (screwcut) however GMK do not import this in left handed.
I think I will need to buy the synthetic/stainless option and then look for a replacement stock. (I don't like the idea of the non free floating synthetic stock)

Ideally I would like a wooden stock but have not ruled out laminated or synthetic. This is a stalking rifle so weight and style is a consideration.
So what have other people done? what is available?
Is there anyone out there with a wooden stock that would be interested in swapping it for a synthetic one?

Anthony

I am purchasing a Tikka Hunter in left hand from a friend. I know the history of the rifle . When it was 8 months old the stock split and was replaced under warranty. It has never been out the cabinet since. I may consider swapping for a synthetic stock. The rifle is in 243

I can thoroughly recommend a GRS stock as an aftermarket fit.

If it's a look you're after, why not buy the wood/blue and Cerakote the barrel to a colour of your choice.

I did both these things to a Tikka 595 Wood/Blue. ........just wondering whether a T3 would fit in a 595 stock........but you've not declared calibre, so really can't say........

I am purchasing a Tikka Hunter in left hand from a friend. I know the history of the rifle . When it was 8 months old the stock split and was replaced under warranty. It has never been out the cabinet since. I may consider swapping for a synthetic stock. The rifle is in 243

Hi Nelson
The rifle I am getting will be in 243 so I am certainly interested in a swap.

I can thoroughly recommend a GRS stock as an aftermarket fit.

If it's a look you're after, why not buy the wood/blue and Cerakote the barrel to a colour of your choice.

I did both these things to a Tikka 595 Wood/Blue. ........just wondering whether a T3 would fit in a 595 stock........but you've not declared calibre, so really can't say........

Thanks Eric the Red
Those GRS stocks look nice but not the sort of thing I am after.
I do want the ease of care a Stainless barrel/action offers but don't want to spend a fortune on a working rifle.
Calibre is 243, are the actions on T3's and 595's the same?

Thanks Eric the Red
Those GRS stocks look nice but not the sort of thing I am after.
I do want the ease of care a Stainless barrel/action offers but don't want to spend a fortune on a working rifle.
Calibre is 243, are the actions on T3's and 595's the same?

Cerakote definitely your friend on a working rifle!

Not sure on the action differences for stocking purposes - I'll try and look at a friends.

Yes, exactly like that.
I think Boyds have some sort of rule that if the item is over a certain price they won't ship it outside of the states.
I haven't kept up with things though, maybe thats changed?.

What makes you think the synthetic stocks are non floating? I have 2 and they both are. They are also accurate. Should I mention they are both left handed and for sale or is that a bit too far. :D

What makes you think the synthetic stocks are non floating? I have 2 and they both are. They are also accurate. Should I mention they are both left handed and for sale or is that a bit too far. :D

No .... just irrelevant. The man wants wood, not plastic .......... particularly 2 more of the same.

Put them up for sale with a price. :D

Back