Best lightweight moderator at the moment?

Grandhubert

Gents,

what's out there at the moment?

it has to be quieter than the current gen Hardy and lighter than an ase utra sl5 to be worth doing.

Ta. :)

Dpt without a doubt.
I have one on my 30-06 but I must admit it has better attenuation on my .308.
I don't think there is anything on the market today that can beat the original T8 Reflex but my Dpt comes close.

Thanks VIpa, have you tried one?

how do they compare to the good old T8 in terms of sound reduction?

I have one on my 6.5x55.. Excellent in terms of weight and doesn't upset the balance of the rifle... very well made and modular so you can add/remove baffles as you wish. I had a predator 8 on my first stalking rifle... so heavy and big I vowed never to use a mod again but have to sadly.. noise reduction is on a par with that.. it's never going to be as good as a T8.. its a quarter the size and not stuffed full of sound deadening material but for a compact, ultra lightweight mod.. it does a better than expected job.

They do 2 types.. an end of barrel can and an over barrel reflex version.. bit more of a chew with the reflex as you have to get someone to ream out the delrin bush for you but it does a better job so worth it

Last edited:
In what way is the reflex better?

There is more space for the gas to expand within the moderator and by default part of the barrel ends up shrouded, it also pulls the mass of the moderator back towards the fulcrum rather than all being slapped on the end thus greatly improving balance.... every little helps!

DPT +1
I have 2 over the barrel Mods. One on my 234 (T3 Varmint) and one on my 308 (T3 Lite). I got mine from Northallerton Shooting £255.
Can't fault them.
bryn

Back