No Guide Required……

I stuck to my plan despite being 50 minutes early as I had combined a late site meeting and would follow on to the farm….
With a light breeze working for me and my £2.00 boot sale camo coat blending in well with the hedge I had the rifle resting on my sticks and just waited…..
3 hares came trotting past no more than 15 yards out, so I was happy with my cover leaving just the deer to play ball…..
Out to my right the tell tale sight of Muntjac scurrying across the rape stubble, I waited and tried to gauge what they were up too as I have seen them head for a gap in the hedge half way down to the left of the picture before….
That seemed to be their plan…know for mine!

The doe was in front as you can see in the picture, so I gave a sharp bark and over she went, a quick readjust and the buck who’s was looking at his fallen mate had his fate sealed in my Kahles…
It was a different field to last nights buck and better ground for the second shot…
130 yards back to my stand point, down side is all the mozzies in Essex seem to turn up once the round has left the gun!!

001_zpsc0c61786.jpg
003_zps2e3a2396.jpg
002_zps8fe8f8ab.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
Very nice pair of deer, they look in perfect condition. :tiphat:

Phil

Thank you, the doe had a small fetus developing, but both in tip top nick and the buck was not in velvet!!
The area they come from is protected, also the farmer has woods they are getting established in so hence knocking them over....

Tim.243

Very nice! Long time since I have had the chance to shoot any Muntjac, I'm green with envy.

Very nice! Long time since I have had the chance to shoot any Muntjac, I'm green with envy.

Thank you, from what I have learnt is you can take advantage of them being uncomfortable on open ground.
3 out of 8 have come from high seats in different locations, the rest of my sticks, so the stats speak for there self's.

Tim.243

Back