595 ejector spring

bobjs

Anyone got any idea where to get one from,

My one is light and I have just checked it and it's very soft (no spring left in it) so its causing a weak ejection with the empty cases,

Thanks in advance

Bob,

GMK will happily rip you............sorry, I mean supply you with a new one Bob. Must be via an RFD though. Can't be more than £25 for something as technical as a wee spring thingy from them.

hh

GMK will happily rip you............sorry, I mean supply you with a new one Bob. Must be via an RFD though. Can't be more than £25 for something as technical as a wee spring thingy from them.

hh

Cheers HH, I have called them 7 times today and no answer I will speak to a local RFID to serif he can help, I just thought there could be someone on here that Lund another route for a wee spring, so not to get ....... Off by YKW.

Bon

Heads up,

I just had a nice email confirming that they have them in stock at £42.00 :confused:, so I'm now trying a company in holland that do the same kit for 12Euros, not sure if they ship firearms parts outside the country to a non RFD :(

Bob

You'll probably find that the £42 part consists of spring, plunger and roll pin - so not bad value (if it does consist of these parts)

I would imagine that an engineering supplies company local to your area would have springs of the same diameter / length in stock…...

Its very rare for these to go wrong unless rusted through lack of care / maintenance

You'll probably find that the £42 part consists of spring, plunger and roll pin - so not bad value (if it does consist of these parts)

I would imagine that an engineering supplies company local to your area would have springs of the same diameter / length in stock…...

Its very rare for these to go wrong unless rusted through lack of care / maintenance

Hi red,

The spring at some point in its life has been trimmed down to reduce the ejection of the case, now the action is a 6mmbr and it's even softer it's causing problems with the case on the odd occasion falling foul of the action and stoping me from reloading the next round,

I have looked at 2 local companies who have an engineering base and they had some springs more used for larger things,

I will have another look to night with a view to re:tempering the spring with heat and then drop it in water but I am of course worried that this may have to opposite effect,

Re: the cost I think you may be right bit I am in no need for any of the other parts so I'm going to have to live with it or find a spring on my own,

Regards
Bob,

Most replacement parts from Tikka / Sako older models tend to come in parts "bundles" for example the bolt slide kit for the Sako AV - the only part that ever needs replacing is the small slide guide spring, but you have to get a slide, spring, "cir clip", slide spring guide and another small piece of spring steel which unless you're doing an overhaul are rarely needed.

Consider looking at MSC industrial or Cromwells - they may have springs of the right diameter which you could trim.

I can't advise on tempering and without an electric furness it will be difficult to get to the right temp (although u could wing it with a acetylene torch…)

If your worried about the spring being correct then try this.
Your spring has been shortened and is therefore correct for tension apart from it is not long enough. Find a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the plunger hole and cut a small piece off of it to effectively create a spacer. The drill bit will be hard enough and you can mess about with the length until it is just right.
Might cost you 50p for the drill and if it doesn't work and you make sure there's a little bit of solid left on the end you can still use it as it was intended. Lost nothing

I should add that you will need to watch out for the spring becoming coil bound, so slowly slowly

Last edited:
Cheers lads

Ill give it all ago, as for J&P I can't see an email address, but I'll keep,trying,

Thanks

Bob.

Had a reply from J&P, how's that for service,

Sadly they do not do the part/ parts I was after,

Bob,

Back