Wanted: DSC2 or Deer Managers Course in Northern Ireland?

An Taín Hunting Outfitter

I understand there was a deer managers course in the Northern Ireland Area, does anyone have information on dates for the next course in either ROI or NI?

Can anyone assist me in gaining my DSC2, maybe an indication of price, number of stalks, location and start dates.

Hi Ronan,

We can help you gain your DSC2 through our DSC2 Initiative. If you would like details, please PM me your email address and I'll email full details to you.

Regarding the Deer Managers Course, we have just launched a brand new LANTRA Approved Deer Managers Course in England & Scotland, and will be running one in SW Scotland later in the year. However, if you can find at least 12 people who wish to do the course in Northern Ireland, then we could run a bespoke course for you over there at your convenience (subject to facilities).

The course we're running is normally £525.00, but we are doing it for a limited period for £299.00. I can email you full details of this if you like.Just let me know if we can help.

Best regards,

Mike.
(Director - Jelen Deer Services)
Jelen Deer

Last edited:
Ronan, the BDS run a deer manager course that provides a bespoke LANTRA qualification if passed and includes an optional advanced shooting test that is recorded on the certificate if passed. Contact the BDS for dates and venues.

with regard to your DSC2, nobody should be guaranteeing you can complete a level 2 portfolio with 3 ICR's and meet the standard required in one bite without seeing you before. The only way anyone could get close to that promise is if you are going to be stalking park deer, and then be open to separate training if found not to be at the required level in any discipline.

with regard to your DSC2, nobody should be guaranteeing you can complete a level 2 portfolio with 3 ICR's and meet the standard required in one bite without seeing you before. The only way anyone could get close to that promise is if you are going to be stalking park deer, and then be open to separate training if found not to be at the required level in any discipline.

Absolutely correct Prometheus. We now have only two places left between now and the end of January for anyone who has their portfolio and wishes to complete their DSC2 culls.

However, we will then be running a new DSC2 Initiative every Tuesday and Wednesday from 1st week in September this year right through to 10th & 11th December.

Anybody wishing to have full details on this unique opportunity, please EMAIL me and I'll get the information to you.

Best regards,

Mike.
(Director - Jelen Deer Services)

Hi Mike, what is the duration of the Deer Managers course?

I think a joint effort from the BDS and the Irish Deer Society in advertising a Deer Managers Course would produce 12 individuals.

The need is certainly there.

Hi Mike, what is the duration of the Deer Managers course?

I think a joint effort from the BDS and the Irish Deer Society in advertising a Deer Managers Course would produce 12 individuals.

The need is certainly there.

Hi Ronan,

I am certain that the demand for a quality deer managers course is there. Our many contacts in Ireland and NI have expressed interest in our brand new LANTRA APPROVED Deer Managers Course.

The course is 3 days duration, and covers every aspect of deer management at professional level. The cost of the course is £525.00, but for a limited period we are delivering this unprecedented course at only £299.00.

Jelen Deer Services are the UK's largest and most experienced independent deer management service providers, and we are now looking to work with other professional training providers throughout the British Isles.

We are already discussing the possibilities of working with like-minded individuals In Northern Ireland and the RoI with a view to providing Irish stalkers with the opportunity to take advantage of the excellent training opportunities offered by Jelen and our associates.

Please do let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Mike
(Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer

Back