A rabbiting setup

tikka 3006

Was thinking about this the ultimate rabbiting setup mine would be as follows
A 17 hornet built on a anschutz 22hornet action
24 inch krieger varmint barrell
Sonic 45 mod
macmillan ultra light stock
Swarovski z6i 5-25x50 fitted with ballistic turrets

feel free to move this if its in the wrong section. It think the detail on the scope are right feel free to correct me if they are not.
finally just want to know if you were to build a setup what would it be in a calibre no larger than a hornet

+1 for the CZ but I prefer my semi-autos.
Having said I have found them not to be quite as accurate as the bolt-action models although more than adequate

Crikey! this is some pipe dream. Firstly if you wanted the rabbits forget the 17Hornet, it blows them apart. 22LR or 17HMR ideal for rabbits and as far as the scope goes I've used nothing more than a Hawke for donkeys years as the vast majority of shots are at less than 75 yards.
I will go away and work out how many rabbits I would have to shoot to pay for that lot, particularly with the price of 17Hornet ammo.

Magtech 7022 .22lr semi-auto with a 3-9x40 Marchwood scope on top fitted with a torch from amazon.
Total Cost of above is bout 120 quid.
Job done

If ammo cost and meat damage were no concern....

BAT repeater in 20 Prac/Tac
22" Krieger barrel
Mac A3/A5 stock
Jewell Trigger
Schmidt 3-27 x56

Probably overkill but a good way to blow an imaginary 6 grand!

Non FAC BSA R-10 air rifle with NS200 took more rabbits with this than my 17HMR, don't know why everyone goes mad to get a powder burner out on rabbits apart from taking long range shots.

More than happy with the set up I've got for rabbiting:
BRNO #2, P-H moderator, Hawke 3-9x50 scope, CCI segmented hollow point subs.
Have yet to see a .22lr/scope/mod combination I'd swap that lot for. Simple is sometimes best.
Would like a decent lamp, though.

Add a clulite lamp and a bag to carry home your rewards.

prefer a dimmable, scope mounted one myself. I use a deben tristar and AIM cheek bag battery pack
just back in
boot full of bunnies, all head shot, ranges between 29 and 105yds
all .22lr Win Subs

missed my window on a young fox trying to squeak him in under 40 yds, he winded me and legged it before I could squeeze one off
another day charlie!

I use a highly modified 1022 with lapua subs for up to circa 75 yards and an anschutz .17hmr for above that.

My fantasy rabbiting set up would be a Ruger no1 in .17 Remington shooting 25gn bullets as fast as they could go..

Only started this thread to see what fellas would like as an ideal dream setup. My current setup is a cz455 thumbhole in 22lr topped with a hawke nite eye digital and a hush power mod

Back