Look who I called in tonight

cockerdog

A quick hour out this evening to see if there was any action and typically didnt go out with a rifle.
Spied this fella on the wood line working his way towards a doe in the middle of the wheat, so seeing that I had a camera to hand I gave him a few calls and brought him to within 30 feet.
Just wish I had more than a 150mm lens fitted.
This boy has been lucky a few times, last time I caught up with him a fox took priority.
Looks like we are not far away from the heavy action.
P1011573.jpg

A quick hour out this evening to see if there was any action and typically didnt go out with a rifle.
Spied this fella on the wood line working his way towards a doe in the middle of the wheat, so seeing that I had a camera to hand I gave him a few calls and brought him to within 30 feet.
Just wish I had more than a 150mm lens fitted.
This boy has been lucky a few times, last time I caught up with him a fox took priority.
Looks like we are not far away from the heavy action.
View attachment 1779

Was you using the Buttaloe call ?

Mine will have to wait no bookings till the 15th as bust rearing then go full swing from the 22nd.

Same here John, this boy isnt for clients, we all need to have a bit for ourselves.
It seems the rut is slower this year, last year as I remember started in June, but at least it proved there is interest out there in the randy buggers.

I gave a youngish buck a test squeak this evening to see what he'd do. He didn't bat an eyelid and pretty much ignored it, so no randiness down this way yet!

Alex

Back