White Spacers or Just Pretties ?

EMcC

Can anybody offer me any advice (careful :lol:) about where I can get some of the white plastic washers as used, sometimes, on the studs of rifle stocks.
I bought some from an on line shop near, or in, Weymouth a couple of years ago but can't find them now.
I'm not sure if they are meant to be spacers or used just to look pretty.
I have just converted a black Bell and Carleson fibre glass Adl stock to a Bdl and painted it with more of my wife's garden gnome paint and I wanted a couple of white spacers just to finish it off.
Any advice, other than "throw the stock away" :lol: would be appreciated.

PS.
Just found one dealer offering them at £1.00 each :eek: and found several very cheap from the US but postage and time of delivery puts me off.

Last edited:
Can anybody offer me any advice (careful :lol:) about where I can get some of the white plastic washers as used, sometimes, on the studs of rifle stocks.
I bought some from an on line shop near, or in, Weymouth a couple of years ago but can't find them now.
I'm not sure if they are meant to be spacers or used just to look pretty.
I have just converted a black Bell and Carleson fibre glass Adl stock to a Bdl and painted it with more of my wife's garden gnome paint and I wanted a couple of white spacers just to finish it off.
Any advice, other than "throw the stock away" :lol: would be appreciated.

If you want to be traditional, how about using a disc of antler or bone as a spacer? You would need to file/sand it down to size, but this is what I use when stick making. If you want, I can send you some camel bone?

Or you could go the plastic route: Nylon Washers - Nylon Spacer Washers | Nylon Fasteners - Fasteners - Orbital Fasteners

And

3mm WHITE ACRYLIC Perspex Plastic Sheet 1000 X 1000 | eBay

willie_gunn

Last edited:
Thanks Dom, I now have to work out what I require using the technical terms of M2/3/4 etc
I did think of using a bit of Antler but decided on something flexible to take the contour of the rifle stock.
I know it's only a little bit of contour but it would also cover any irregularities around the stud better.
Oh by the way, thanks for the offer of the Camel bone but my stock is anything but traditional, I'll post a picture of it when it's finished.
I have fitted the stock to the Remmy .308 with the shortened barrel, I am trying it on the range tomorrow to see if it suits.
I have had the metal work fitted to a laminated stock and made good use of it for a while but it was a bit heavy.
I have had the Bell and Carlson, Adl Stock in my cupboard for a while, it felt a bit lighter so decided to do a bit of carving and now it has a Bdl configuration.

White PVC tube from B&Q comes in suitable sizes and costs about £3 a meter.
Cut a short length off, insert in drill chuck and cut with a sharp knife or razer saw while it is spinning.

Neil. :)

Back