DSC 2 registration

ezzy6.5

Hi Guys,
How do you pick an assesment centre to register with?.
I suppose the nearest one to me is the BASC. do you need to be within reach of the centre your registered with?

Ezzy

Ezzy, doesn't matter who you register with. Don't forget that you can use evidence gained upto three years before registering so thereby getting six years to complete the portfolio not three. Also, you may be aware that there are shortly going to be significant changes to the AW system, this may effect the number of AW's available in the short term. Might be worth waiting a few months? JC

Ezzy, doesn't matter who you register with. Don't forget that you can use evidence gained upto three years before registering so thereby getting six years to complete the portfolio not three. Also, you may be aware that there are shortly going to be significant changes to the AW system, this may effect the number of AW's available in the short term. Might be worth waiting a few months? JC

I thought it'd make more sense registering before June so that you have to option of using both CW and AWs. If you register after June, you can only use AW.

I thought it'd make more sense registering before June so that you have to option of using both CW and AWs. If you register after June, you can only use AW.

Ah, maybe i've misunderstood having not seen it from a candidates point of view. I was under the impression that CW's would not exist after June the first. JC

Ah, maybe i've misunderstood having not seen it from a candidates point of view. I was under the impression that CW's would not exist after June the first. JC

Just got my L2 portfolio through the post yesterday :Dand according to the bumf I can still use a credible witness. I dont think there is any mention of a cut off date.

I had heard that this was going to change in June hence why I've jumped in now.:cool:

I was under the impression that you wouldn't be able to use a CW from June (i.e. you could only use them for stalks performed prior to the June cutoff)... As long as you've got some stalks with CW's from the past 3 years that you can use for your portfolio, they should be OK?

Ezzy, doesn't matter who you register with.
not so sure about that
i was told if i did not register with BASC for my L2 some of the AW's i approached would not fill out my portfolio, can't answer why but this is what i as told
right or wrong i hav no idea but the main thing was getting L2
as for credible witnessses
if you hav already registered then you hav 3 years from date of registration to complete your portfolio and can use 2 credible witnesses and 1 AW, once you regeister after june the 1st you will hav to use 3 AW's stalks
bit of a con and total load of ******** but still you hav to comply with the rules

As I understand it they are changing the rules in June. All those that have applied and recieved their paperwork prior to this month will be under the old scheme. That is they can use 2 CW's (credible witnesses) and 1 AW (Accredited witness) to complete their portfolio.

Anyone who applies after June will come under the new rules of having to have 3 AW's to sign off their stalks before they can give in their portfolios. I believe the portfolio is also a different colour as well. I am not an AW, but a CW so I cannot confirm the above, but what I have stated above is what I have been led to believe.

As Stone has already mentioned changing from 2 CW's to now 3 AW's is going to put many in an awkward position as they are now going to have to possibly pay more, or find a nice friendly AW. I will make no further comment:rolleyes:

If anyone who is carrying out a DSC2 in the North Yorkshire area, North Lancashire or South Cumbria who has their own stalking ground and requires a cred. witness, I am available no charge other than out of pocket travel expenses.
Let me Know by P.M
I am in the process of applying to become a AW as well so hopefully i can meet that criteria in the near future.
Thanks
Caprelous

Last edited:
As Stone has already mentioned changing from 2 CW's to now 3 AW's is going to put many in an awkward position as they are now going to have to possibly pay more, or find a nice friendly AW. I will make no further comment:rolleyes:

Sikamalc,
That is just what I was trying to say on an earlier post, I feel they will definately end up paying more putting more people at a disadvantage including myself. I thought the whole idea of DS1/2 was to improve peoples abilities not turn them away.

John.

Back