Wanted: DSC1 Advice please!

Sam355

Hi All,
I live in Bexley, Kent. Like to purchase DSC1 material & go through the assessment day when I'm ready. Wondering if I could get some recommendations on which organisation to go with who would have a complete training material DC/book... & would be close to Bexley (within 50 miles)?

Also are these different organisations/groups who offer DSC1 all issue DMQ approved certificates?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam
Whichever Organisation you register with will provide the material for you to prepare for the DSC1. All the Organisations providing DSC1 courses will have to be DMQ approved.

I did mine through the BASC - as I am a member.

I am sure that you can acquire pre-owned material, from those that have completed DSC1, and prepare yourself and just sit the test/practical - this will need to be established from whomever you register with. Having said this in my opinon there is benefit in being part of a group doing DSC1 as there is much else that will add to your learning and help your experience along this road.

L

Last edited:
Hi All,
I live in Bexley, Kent. Like to purchase DSC1 material & go through the assessment day when I'm ready. Wondering if I could get some recommendations on which organisation to go with who would have a complete training material DC/book... & would be close to Bexley (within 50 miles)?

Also are these different organisations/groups who offer DSC1 all issue DMQ approved certificates?

Thanks,
Sam

Sam

To answer your second question first, yes, all organisations offering the DSC1 should issue DMQ approved certificates. DMQ set the standard for DSC1 and administer the awards. Any DMQ-accredited training organisation, therefore, should meet the same standard.

To get back to the first question, Kent is not really my area (despite being born and brought up there) but I see BASC have a course in November at Eridge Park near Tunbridge Wells: DSC1 Course Eridge Park, Kent | The British Association for Shooting and Conservation The only BDS course I can see scheduled to run in Wadhurst (this weekend) is full already: British Deer Society Training Course Dates

If you have a look at the Training section on this site there may be other providers offering similar courses in your area.

If you just want to do the Assessment and not the Course itself, then I would suggest contacting BASC or BDS.

Thanks to both for relies. The only reason I can't sit the class is work! Otherwise love to go & meet some other stalkers in the area & am sure it will be much more interesting than just sitting the test, but work & having to travel on very short notice means I have to book vacation for the course!
I see Loki got there before me :tiphat:

Thanks to both for relies. The only reason I can't sit the class is work! Otherwise love to go & meet some other stalkers in the area & am sure it will be much more interesting than just sitting the test, but work & having to travel on very short notice means I have to book vacation for the course!

We are a long way from you Sam, we do DSC courses for the individual at a mutually suitable date. If that fits in better for your work etc. PM. Or call 014 34 344 067.
Jon.

Hi Sam,
I just passed my DSC1 course at Wadhurst pk. i registered through BDS and it is 3day course although you can do exam only if you are confident.
Chris at wadhurst park is an excellent tutor with loads of life and stalking experience. I had really enjoyed the experience.

hi Sam.

try Andy Papworth at BASC, I have just finished DSC1 at Eridge Park Tunbridge wells. there is another course in November ,book early they get booked up very quick
I am in west Malling Kent quite close to you if you need any advise drop me a line.

As above, I completed mine with BDS a couple of years ago in Comrie. I obtained the interactive Ultimate Deer Data Disc from BDS prior to the course which really helped me on the preparation front. Did the three day course, the first two was the tuiton and the last day was test day. There were about 18 on the course. One failed on the shooting test, his own rifle couldn't hold zero. He gave up, but I would have joined BDS on the spot and used their rifle under estate rules, anyway there were two others that failed on one of the modules, they were allowed to go back at a later date just to re-sit the module that they failed. 15 people passed. I got a lot out of doing the course as it was face to face with real life scenarios from all walks of life from the professional stalker to the leisure stalker...

Back