Simon Barr

Glendine

Anyone of you good folk know what happened to Mr. Simon Barr I have not seen any articles from him in Sporting rifle for some time.Regards,Glendine.

Thanks he produced good work. Sporting rifle are replaying old movies these days. if you overlook old copies the are reproducing the same articles and photo's. Mr. Barr had a fresh outlook with interesting articles along with first rate photography.Glendine.

Thanks he produced good work. Sporting rifle are replaying old movies these days. if you overlook old copies the are reproducing the same articles and photo's. Mr. Barr had a fresh outlook with interesting articles along with first rate photography.Glendine.

Simon and I work quite closely on a number of things. As far as I am aware he is not writing anymore. As NeilG has mentioned he is involved in Team Wild and he also heads up Team Real Tree UK which is taking up a fair whack of his time.

Anyone of you good folk know what happened to Mr. Simon Barr I have not seen any articles from him in Sporting rifle for some time.Regards,Glendine.

I know Simon and Selina, and although not close friends I have them stalking with me and keep in contact. Simon has taken over as CEO for Teamwild and when I last spoke with him was about to move home further north.

I remember Mr. Barr stating on a field sports Brittan episode that he was getting his own you tube channel anyone have any update on this?. Field sports Britain and Sporting rifle seem to be using the same contributors so I presume we won’t be seeing him on that channel. Regards,Glendine.

Just to confirm, I jumped the gun a bit.

He is still writing just for the Shooting times and Shooting Sports.

If you want to see his pretty pictures then you can follow him on Facebook. Plenty of good and informative stuff coming up this year.

I helped arrange the stalking , fishing and grouse shooting for Simons stag party
What a week we had , a few stags a good size boar 2 or 3 nice roe bucks a few nice trophy billie goats
and finished of with Simon being led onto the hill for grouse while a friend played the bagpipes
Oh and quite a few beers:D

Simon was on the same BDS Deer Manager's course that I took in Thetford a while back, along with a couple of others from this site. Struck me then, and since, as not just a nice guy but also someone whose primary interest is deer, rather than just shooting deer.

He also writes for Halali, a German magazine: Home - HALALI - Jagd, Natur und Lebensart I picked up a copy a couple of weeks ago when flying through Frankfurt and saw that he'd written another article for it.

willie_gunn

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo????

Another shooting journo that subscribers fund to become the next self proclaimed Payne-Galway type well travelled chap. Dont buy the mags go and do it for yourselves peeps, lifes too short to watch others do it.

He is one of the few journalists in the sporting industry I have time for and follow him on the book of face.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo????

Another shooting journo that subscribers fund to become the next self proclaimed Payne-Galway type well travelled chap. Dont buy the mags go and do it for yourselves peeps, lifes too short to watch others do it.

More than disappointed to read that reply Matt.

It also seems a tad unfair given how BASC "bigs up" it's own shooting magazine: Publications

Oh, sorry, forgot.....that magazine is "free" with membership of course.;)

And its not as though BASC has never faced accusations of people living it up at others expense :oops:

willie_gunn

Back