I have a sporting week ahead of me

groach1234

Well as you may be aware i booked some stalking on the reds on the ardnamurchan estate and was due to go up yesterday but due to a royal cock up on accommodation (firstly a overlapping of dates so knocked back 2 days (no major problem) then all the staff walked out) but its fine we got booked into a hotel based on the peninsular anyway so all the sporting opportunities are to go ahead.

Well tomorrow i start the trip up to scotland for some stalking. I am booked on for a couple of stags and have a week to achieve this in so even though nothing is a given i think the chances are good. I plan to bag a little roe buck if i can and i will also give it a go at getting my way on to a cull fallow buck if if the time is on my side. This is as they have roe, red, fallow and sika on the estate (or thats what i read from the site) and now my dad has suggested getting on some walked up grouse towards the end of the week if we can so i could have a real week of sport set out ahead of me if all goes to plan :D:D:D:D:D

See you on the other side and expect some detailed write ups with pics too.

George

Well as you may be aware i booked some stalking on the reds on the ardnamurchan estate and was due to go up yesterday but due to a royal cock up on accommodation (firstly a overlapping of dates so knocked back 2 days (no major problem) then all the staff walked out) but its fine we got booked into a hotel based on the peninsular anyway so all the sporting opportunities are to go ahead.

Well tomorrow i start the trip up to scotland for some stalking. I am booked on for a couple of stags and have a week to achieve this in so even though nothing is a given i think the chances are good. I plan to bag a little roe buck if i can and i will also give it a go at getting my way on to a cull fallow buck if if the time is on my side. This is as they have roe, red, fallow and sika on the estate (or thats what i read from the site) and now my dad has suggested getting on some walked up grouse towards the end of the week if we can so i could have a real week of sport set out ahead of me if all goes to plan :D:D:D:D:D

See you on the other side and expect some detailed write ups with pics too.

George

i used to go to ardnamurchan and stay in sanna or achnaha. never shot there but did a lot of fishing. loch muddle worth a cast. the best fishing i did was off the rocks near the lighthouse, you cast into deep water over kelp. i used a fast sinking shooting head a 2 foot leader and a booby, a 3lb pollack on an 8 wt flyrod goes like a train. fish the incoming tide. tight lines/hot barrels.

I have my own slightly less ritzy sporting week. stalking fallow and muntjac near ipswich tomorrow. pigeon decoying thursday then a weekend of roe and muntjac stalking. will try to get out lamping in the evenings.

George,

Have a good week and I look forward to the write ups.

Where in Ardnamurchan are you stalking, its a wonderful part of Scotland?

Donsider

George,

Have a good week and I look forward to the write ups.

Where in Ardnamurchan are you stalking, its a wonderful part of Scotland?

Donsider

It is on the main estate although i am not sure where within the estate.

George

Back