De priming

Olaf

Hi, what's the best way to remove a live primer ? I normally just take out the pin, and re size, but I'd like to remove the primers on this lot.

Kindest Regards, Olaf

Run them through the full length sizer as if it was a fired primer. Take it slow and wear eye pro. Have done 100s like this. Daunting, but never had one go off!

I use my normal decapping die (or resizing die) and using an even pressure, just press them out. I do wear eye and ear protection while doing this though :D

I use my normal decapping die (or resizing die) and using an even pressure, just press them out. I do wear eye and ear protection while doing this though :D

+1....although, I have a Lee decapping die. It doesn't resize anything as it's just for decapping. Never had an issue, but that doesn't mean one won't go off! ATB

Well, that pretty much confirms my intentions. Thanks for the info chaps, I'll get cracking later on today, ear, and eye PPE plus I think I'll wear some gloves too, just to be on the safe side.

just make sure the case is pushed home in the shell holder and the shell holder is home on the ram and the primers arn't crimped milsurp

Why not just fire it through the rifle or is this too stupid?
you would get fouling in the barrel and primer pockets for a start and presumably reduce the lifespan of the brass too
Federal_210M_2BY330_cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Back