i have a problem !

cocker

hi lads my first post so bear with me my problem is this
i have been shooting a farm for 9 years and have been told by the farmer i have the stalking happy day 1200acres .but and theres always a but i have been told by a friend that some one is lamping roe on the lamd at night betwwen 1am and 4 am form a car .i know who it is and have made it knowen to them i aint going to stand for it .the farmer has told me to shoot every roe i see but i dont and wont go down this road i dont shoot doe,s and only shoot the odd buck .the last few years i have seen up to 60 roe on a good sunny nigh but now your lucky to see 10 how do i stop him short of going to his door

i have,nt spoken to the police cause as said before they just arent intrested (the farmers phones them several times they arrive 2-3 days later if a tall

i would like to take a good friend who has had me stalking on his ground out to mine but i dont want to take him out and not atleast give him a stalk on a buck

any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks and sorry if i went on a bit

just to add i can,t prove its him but i have spoke to alot of stalkers in the area and they have the same problem with him but again can,t prove it and its his name that comes up all the time .i have seen him at the local game dealer with a van with 9 roe in it doe,s yearlings that look like hares bucks and he has never got that many deer on the land he shoot .he shot it out years ago

Would it be overly provocative to suggest he might be doing you a favour??! :eek:

I'm playing devil's advocate to a certain extent here, but it sounds like your ground could be overly populated with deer and if you're not going to manage the numbers then who is? You're certainly not going to live up to the farmer's expectations if you only take the odd buck. Successful deer management includes shooting does.

Would it be overly provocative to suggest he might be doing you a favour??! :eek:

I'm playing devil's advocate to a certain extent here, but it sounds like your ground could be overly populated with deer and if you're not going to manage the numbers then who is? You're certainly not going to live up to the farmer's expectations if you only take the odd buck. Successful deer management includes shooting does.
i understand what your saying but the farmer is not fussy about the deer being there he only want them all shot to stop this guy so ther was no expectations at first and as for doe,s i should have made it clear when i said i dont shoot them i was intending to shoot the odd yearling once they come into season but try and keep a good healthy stock as they have not been shot for years

Would it be overly provocative to suggest
he might be doing you a favour??!
:eek:

So this guy has a permit to shoot deer on the lamp then?

So this guy has a permit to shoot deer on the lamp then?
eh no he does,nt m8 he,s just out poaching he takes about 5-9 roe to the game dealer a week roe are just cash to him and he will shot them where ever he sees them if he can

Quite a few forces are keen to promote just how seriously they are taking 'wildlife crime' - if that doesn't include illegally poaching deer by lamplight, what does???:doh:

Does your force have a dedicated wildlife officer, or similar? If so, may be worth going direct to him/her rather than via 'normal' plod.....if that still doesn't work, write to someone quite senior in the HQ asking why their wildlife officer deosn't seem at all interested in investigating a complaint about wildlife crime.....:rolleyes:

would be a good idea but he never seems to go out on 5he same night and as it seems he is out between 1am and 4am week days are out as i work through the week and sitting out for him would not be possible

I think you should write to the Chief Constable's administration officer, (in effect a P.A.), I can assure you that contacting this one will bring a response, I should know I went this route once & shifted a massive fall of soot in one police dept.

I think you should write to the Chief Constable's administration officer, (in effect a P.A.), I can assure you that contacting this one will bring a response, I should know I went this route once & shifted a massive fall of soot in one police dept.

Funnily enough Finnbear, it was you I had in mind when I wrote my post!! :lol:

If you know who he is report to FEO and get his ticket revoked.... if he's not playing by the rules then he doesn't deserve to hold a firearms certificate. :mad:

Have you thought of tipping off the council that the local gamedealer is accepting illegally shot deer with no health trail. If as you say he is taking does out of season the gamedealer can be done. You can't sell deer if no-one is buying. If you can't clip him clip his market place.
Jim

Have you thought of tipping off the council that the local gamedealer is accepting illegally shot deer with no health trail. If as you say he is taking does out of season the gamedealer can be done. You can't sell deer if no-one is buying. If you can't clip him clip his market place.

Probably the most effective way to progress.

You have no evidence about this guy's alleged poaching - a tip off from a mate plus your own feelings about him are not evidence of any wrongdoing on his part. Therefore, stirring up the police - either Wildlife Crime Unit (if it exists), or the FLD - are hardly likely to get them onside. If he gets implicated with selling out of season or poached animals to a game dealer who is then prosecuted will give them something to work on.

BTW. You might want to look at how best to manage the deer on the ground. Does of all ages must form part of any cull plan.

Jim
hi jim not sure of the law on this but i am sure someone will he is suposed to have an open licence to shoot doe,s but i dont know if this would apply to 1 permission or all ground he shoots over. i would think it would be for one per pnly but not sure
as for the game dealer i use him my self and would not want him getting in any trouble but a word in his ear my not go wrong
thanks andy

Probably the most effective way to progress.

You have no evidence about this guy's alleged poaching - a tip off from a mate plus your own feelings about him are not evidence of any wrongdoing on his part. Therefore, stirring up the police - either Wildlife Crime Unit (if it exists), or the FLD - are hardly likely to get them onside. If he gets implicated with selling out of season or poached animals to a game dealer who is then prosecuted will give them something to work on.

BTW. You might want to look at how best to manage the deer on the ground. Does of all ages must form part of any cull plan.
thanks for the advice will take the management part on board and as you say i have no proof which is the hard part only what i am told its not an easy problem to solve
thanks andy

If he doesn't have permission to be there he is commiting armed trespass

Armed trespass............., if he shoots deer on land he has no permission on, aside from all the other implications, where does that put him with regards to discharging a firearm? & do the public have any accsess where he's doing it?

If he doesn't have permission to be there he is commiting armed trespass

Si, is absolutlely correct, without the land/sporting holders permission this guy is comitting armed trespass and theft. If the armed trespass angle doesn't get the police moving then they need a bomb up their collective behinds.

If you can gather evidence, photographs would be good, of this guys car, numberplate and hopefully of him with a gun, send the information to the Chief Constables PA/Staff Officer, along with times and dates that his units failed to respond. I should mention the infringement of Public Safety and interest by the local press in this matter. That should light a fire under them. A copy to your MP would do no harm either.

ft

Back