Foxes

foxhunter

Anyone started on their foxes yet ??

Last night had these cubs in an hour and a half...

cubs004Medium.jpg

I went for a little poke around yesterday evening, more of an armed stroll than anything else. What do you know; I had hardly been through two fields before I spied Mr Charles…
BlaserR93a1small.jpg

Then about 45 minutes later this very mangy old vixen, face half covered by an abscess, crossed my path
BlaserR93a2small.jpg

Not a bad result, however, we won’t really get going until the crop comes off

I have had 8 in the last week... a very small target at 150y+ but it sure backs up your faith in your rifle. Thank you Mr Sauer.

I to was out yesterday evening, my first fox with my new X-bolt, 150 yards with my home loaded Nosler 40 grain BT's.
Was really after rabbits at the farmers request and had been fairly successful, just as I was calling it a day at 10 p.m. the fox popped out the hedge, I just couldn't pass it up after missing a full grown dog fox a week or so back.

Neil. :)
Sorry about the quality, I really must get a new camera.
FFox.jpg

Anyone started on their foxes yet ??

Last night had these cubs in an hour and a half...

cubs004Medium.jpg

Started yet !!!!!

Its a constant battle.

Slap myself on the back for another year with no cubs born on the estate, deal with them early and they aren't a problem.

The trouble now is dealing with the ones from over the boundaries.

Had a call from one of the farmers that i do the vermin for, saying that he has been seeing a few foxes about so i headed out that night & ended up with 3 cubs & saw a couple more that i could not get a shot a.

Left it a couple of nights & out again on my own & ended up with 5 & saw another few lurking about.

Have not seen any foxes on this farm a couple of years this year however there are 3 litters that i have found so far & i think there mabey i more.

John

june2010 033.jpg

We always hammer ours but this one was mine and my sons third fox the only one we have a picture together on :D

Taken on a field being cut for sileage from the bonnet of the landy perfect

I help my local keeper out with the foxes when i get the chance, i have been out a fair few times on the side of the shoot which i tend to go on and not seen a fox. he has had plenty on the other side of the valley. he called to tell me 2 were seen on sunday evening on the part where i go so i nipped over monday evening and got 1 before i went through the gate, happy days, will try again later if it stops raining. keep up the good work guys

I had a bit of luck this week, a farmer got my details from another farmer (word of mouth,don't you just love it!) could i visit his farm and tackle his fox problem.Saw 1 adult fox and 3 cubs but all were unsafe/too far.I only took my .22 as didn't want to alam him him on my first visit, so i will be back with the lamp and .243 very soon.He asked how much did i want in payment!Obviously i said 'nowt' but followed with the question, does anyone shoot the roe/reds?No came the answer, so i agreed to concentrate on his foxes in return for the stalking,marvelous!CheersRichard

Word of mouth is a great thing.
A farmer that is shoot vermin for asked if i had some spare time as his uncal was having problems with foxes.
Got his phone number & gave him a phone.

To cut a long story short i now shoot on that farm as well all 5000 acres of it :D:D

John

Back