Bronze medal Roe buck just completed.

Bill Bartlett

Hi, guys - here is a members nice Bronze medal Roe buck just completed. Thats me on to the Red and Sika stags now, if anyone wants any mounts done please contact me via the site or on 01809501419 or mobile 07776165947 for friendly advise and prices. All the best, Bill.

Very nice again Monarch. But unlike Lakey i prefare the ears to be in the alert position more errect. But its all about opinions and i do like your work.

Thanks for the compliments Lakey and 6pointer. Lakey, as you are a taxidermist yourslf, you can appreciate that ear position and form is crucial to get right in a mount. Along with the eyes, if it is not done right it can kill the mount stone dead. 6pointer, it is all a matter of preference as you say - to a certain extent. For the ears forward, you need to select a form with a alert upright stance for the correct affect. When a Roe buck (or indeed any deer) is in a relaxed pose the ears tend to be in the laid back setting. Is that big buck still with you 6pointer? Cheers, Bill.

Yes mate he lives to fight anouther day and i am sure he will be in the same spot or there abouts next spring. I will be keeping my eye on a few places were we have took bronze medals this year .The reason is we have removed alot of bucks so that should mean less competition and the farmer has took to cereal crops just this year and is piling minerals on the ground so it should be inresting. I will be keeping photos as we are doing a study on the two areas for other reasons.

Gentlemen,

That Buck will be gracing my living room - and from the pictures Bill has sent me I am sure it is still alive. I have seen some of his otgher work in the flesh as it were and thoroughly recomend him. The buck was my first buck I ever shot. I shot him early in the season a few years ago and his coat was in full moult so did n't keep the cape. I had him measured at the Scottish Game Fair and he was a Bronze Medal - but only just. At the beggining of August I shot another big buck - skin carcass weight close to 16 kgs - that from memory looked very similar so took the cape and asked Bill to mount it. He has done a cracking job with it.

Heym SR20

If you want a mount to look at go else where,if you want a mount to admire for the rest of your life go to monarch,best in the country,hard for me to say but give him due credit.check his picts out.

Picked him up at the weekend and believe me it is even better in the flesh than on the photo's. I am really happy with it.

Thanks Bill.

Hi Monarch

Please can you advise me the cost to have my Muntie shoulder mount done. You can PM the cost i couldnt see how to attach the pic in a PM so attached it here. Top work

Many thanksGold medal muntjac 3 [640x480].JPG

Hi Monarch

Please can you advise me the cost to have my Muntie shoulder mount done. You can PM the cost i couldnt see how to attach the pic in a PM so attached it here. Top work

Many thanksView attachment 3816[/
Hi, many thanks for the compliment and congratulations on your Gold medal Muntjac - £340.00 for members of this directory and up depending on choice of mount and extras. ATB Bill.

Hi, guys - here is a members nice Bronze medal Roe buck just completed. Thats me on to the Red and Sika stags now, if anyone wants any mounts done please contact me via the site or on 01809501419 or mobile 07776165947 for friendly advise and prices. All the best, Bill.

Monach,

that is a lovely job. Particularly like the shield, nice wood... although I prefer a more classic shape to the shield. Do you have a variety of shield shapes to choose from?

regards
50/50

Monach,

that is a lovely job. Particularly like the shield, nice wood... although I prefer a more classic shape to the shield. Do you have a variety of shield shapes to choose from?

regards
50/50
Hi, 50/50 - Thanking you for the compliment and although I don't make the shields myself ( getting some samples from a forum member in february) I can get the more traditional shapes that you require. The wood in that particular shield was Oak. Here is a pic of shield type that you may have in mind. Cheers, Bill.

Back