got my cwd back

lee-stroud

hi all just thuught id share im cwd again finshed now tho and with the fact it was missing half its face (after headshot) i think mr leggets done a grand jobmy cwd.jpg

Nice job there Lee! :)

Is it just the angle or is one tusk longer than the other? I'm pretty sure they were the same when you shot him!

When I saw what had happened, I really did not think there was a salvageable trophy, so respect to Mr Legget for a job well done. Glad we were able to get you onto a CWD to remember!

Rgds,

Ian & Jo

hi all just thuught id share im cwd again finshed now tho and with the fact it was missing half its face (after headshot) i think mr leggets done a grand jobView attachment 3811

....I'd say a grand job under any circumstances; given it sounds like you rearranged its features, even better!! :D

Well done you, well done Phil Leggett :D

ATB,

Merlin

A very good job if you head shot him but the question has to be asked: why head shoot a beast of quality such as that?

George

A very good job if you head shot him but the question has to be asked: why head shoot a beast of quality such as that?

George

I too wondered this? I know sometimes you have to take the shot that is offered, especially if you are doing deer management (culling), but when stalking for a trophy?

But what a trophy!! :thumb:

ft

if i remember when seen it was not identified as a buck! just movement and it being a cwd i was just very lucky/unlucky it turned out to be a gold but again big thanks to ian/jo

Last edited:
lol just to add (tusk growth) the pics of the beast when first shot its head/skull was not to clever so pics not the best and after the taxidermy they lose so much hair i did ask my self 2day

Nice trophy and dont let that buck feaver get to you the next time you have a gold in front of you or i will garantee you will not be so lucky and you will have sleepless nights thinking what might have been.;)

Are you sure it's not several head shot CWD stuck together. :lol:
Thats a MONSTER of a trophy.
Well done lee.

Are you sure it's not several head shot CWD stuck together. :lol:
Thats a MONSTER of a trophy.
Well done lee.

lol yes mate im sure i was really pleased because i did think he would have to recape it but NO he was very good with a needle

well done mate thats a cracker. got my first cwd this year, tricky little buggers are,nt they? but i enjoyed the stalk

Back