Yorks region new boy....

Waldy

Hello,
Like many, I have been looking at this (excellent) site for some time but have now decided to try & get a bit more involved as you seem like such a nice bunch!

Introduced to stalking by a friend & colleague a couple of years ago as a non shooter (apart from squirrels in the back garden!!) interested in the outdoors, fly-fishing etc.

Now completely hooked. Stalking is easily the most amazing thing I have done for so many reasons & is thoroughly addictive. I still have a way to go, but I have learned so much from the guys I’ve been out with & from sites like this.

Stalking experience has all been paid / accompanied so far in Yorkshire, Germany & Ireland mostly for roe.
Trouble is with two small boys childcare takes up most stalking funds. (Mmmm wonder if I could sell one of them?? !!!)But I still try to get into my local woods every week with my bino’s to practice what I’ve learned .

Passed my dsc1 last year, joined a rifle club, joined BDS, got a FAC & now proud owner of a Mannlicher .308.

Wife is supportive, but thinks I’m mental (get the impression that this is the case for everyone else on the site too!)
Look forward to making more of a contribution in the future.

Hello and welcome to the site, loads and loads of experience on here, don't be shy to ask.....I have learnt lots, met many all as a result of this site. People only to happy to offer help and advice.

TJ

Nice to see another new person joining the site, you are very welcome and look forward to reading your posts.

All the best

Sikamalc (Admin)

Hello waldy mate, welcome to the site. Don't sell any kids just yet there is a recession coming on, wait until it bucks up you will get a better price :D Failing that when they are bigger, get them a drag harness each for Christmas, don't waste an asset.

John

Waldy said:
Wife is supportive, but thinks I’m mental (get the impression that this is the case for everyone else on the site too!)

got one of them too :lol: :lol:
don't sell the kids to cheaply think of all the extra stalking from the profits :D
welcome to the site mate
just remember this is not just a site but a lifestyle aswell ;)
ATB
stone

Welcome to the site fellow yorkshireman ;)

Get involved with the threads and banter, you are now part of something special ;)

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from? It`s a big place, narrow it down a bit for us ;)

P.S Just between me and you, do you drink tea? :lol:

wadas

Hi Waldy,
Well that's a good start you made me laugh already! :D Welcome to the site mate. Two Yorkshiremen on here then blimey! Which one of you is Granville and which one is Arkwright? ;)

Mind you knowing Wadas, he is more likey to be Nurse Gur...gur...Gladys....Emanuel. :lol:

Good to have you aboard , also new to stalking the knowledge is exellant here. also 2 young kids and a wife thats a shooting widow and now computer widow, but she likes the venison so thats an excuse to go out ;)
Jonathon

Thanks for the welcome everyone !

Wadas , live just outside Tadcaster ,so I guess I'm pretty much slap bang in the middle but just inside the best county - North Yorks..

What about you ?

How did you know I was a tea drinker , had a cup in my hand when I opened your reply ...... uncanny !!!!!

Appreciate the point about the kids but as they get older they get more 'orrible & I might not get much for 'em .

Looks like there's a growing Yorkshire contingent - any one else ??

Arkwright - deffo !

Welcome to you too, 3006 spring, and please join in mate ;)

Waldy, i am just north of sheffield, :rolleyes:

Tadacaster eh, i have a caravan on a farm which wouldn`t be a million miles away from you, i think, near wetwang, NO, Wetwang :lol:

How about you 3006 spring? ;)

wadas

Yeah not too far 'bout 40mins drive .
Nice part of the world , got a few deer knocking around too as I'm sure your aware.
Wasn't Richard "countdown" Whitley mayor of Wetwang once ??

Welcome aboard the premier stalking site Waldy.

Make that at least four of us from Yorkshire :D :)

Wetwang....one or two Roe that way on :D

My ex wife lives in Beverley so I dare not go there! deer or no deer!

Now then Waldy you won't have much trouble recognising me will you!!

Greytash

Back